The Energy Booster Thread
- 0Jul 23, '06 by VickyRN Asst. AdminSo many life demands... too little energy I don't know about you, but I find myself constantly battling fatigue. Any tips for increasing one's energy quota? What has successfully worked for you? Thanx in advance...Last edit by VickyRN on Jul 23, '06
- 0Jul 23, '06 by LurksalotI have to say the best thing that works for me is to get my butt outta bed every morning and exercise. I take a brisk walk at least 30min, and 2 or three days a week follow it up with a couple sets of walking lunges. When I skip my walk for a couple days, it takes a toll on my energy. My sleep suffers and it is tough to stay alert and fresh all day.
So next to eating four or five small meals a day, exercise is my boost.
- 0Jul 23, '06 by jahraI found getting involved in an exercise program you enjoy to
be helpful. I take many dance lessons in addition to home study
by dvd. My newest venture is Nia Technique. Its been a real
jump start for me. It blends many different dance, martial arts,
and healing art techniques. I have more energy now!
So, just move! Walking as one of the members above is excellent too!
- 0Jul 25, '06 by marilynmomSleep.
Working out. I lift weights (push/pull/leg 3 day split) and do HIIT 2-3 days a week. Working out is the BEST way to have more energy and ward of depression! Seriously.
Good nutrition. I use fitday.com to keep an eye on what I am eating. I make sure I eat whole grains, lots of protein, and good healthy fats....I eat around 2,000 calories a day. I eat clean 80% of the time. It really helps.
Plenty of water.
- 0Jul 25, '07 by Bigsky4me2I hate to beat a dead horse, but the one thing that helps my energy level more than any other is to get moving.
I joined a womens health club (very reasonable $ in my area), I go at 5:30 am before my day really starts, and it really does help. It's only 30 minutes of exercise so it doesn't require a great deal of time. If you can, walking is a very good start.
But... if you are doing nothing, starting may something be difficult. Stick with what ever you try. Good luck. b