Will i ever get into UHM nursing?Register Today!
- by nikidesu Nov 4, '11I wasn't able to get in on my first try (i applied for spring12'). I got Cs for Anatomy and Physiology. The rest of my pre-reqs i got As and Bs. My cumulative GPA is 3.1. I got a 64, 94, 57 on the NLN. Should i keep trying or just give up and change majors. What if i keep trying and trying but i never get in. I really want to be a nurse so badly
- Nov 4, '11 by servealohaI'm on the same boat. I don't know what classes to take next semester because I did all the pre-reqs and general courses. Any good alternatives to focus on?
- Nov 4, '11 by nikidesui have no idea what to take either....what were your gpa and nln scores if you don't mind me asking?
- Nov 4, '11 by rockinitfreshawaiiwhy don't you take courses that will fulfill your grad requirements? Or medical terminology (HLTH 110/125) at a cc? Or any health class at a cc? Just some suggestions.
- Nov 4, '11 by rockinitfreshawaiiOh and check this post out http://allnurses.com/pre-nursing-stu...ou-613703.html
It's a great read! Lots of suggestions too.
- Nov 5, '11 by nikidesuIs it better to retake anatomy and physiology at UH Manoa or should i take the summer classes at KCC? I have heard that the A&P at KCC is a lot easier. Is that true?
- Nov 5, '11 by jujubees1Here is a website that reviews instructors: http://blog.ratemyprofessors.com/ I would definitely recommend taking the A&P classes at a CC versus UH. The classes are much smaller. I took my A&P classes at WCC. I really liked the class and learned a lot. Also maybe it would be worth it to retake the NLN? Medical terminology is a great idea as well. I am currently taking Hlth 125 at LCC and the information totally reinforces what I learned in A&P.
- Nov 16, '11 by mcubed45keep in mind that you are limited in retakes for UHM. after that they only use your initial grades when processing your app. this is why UHM pre-nursing students will drop their pre-reqs with a "W" if they think they will not get an A in the course.