University of Hawaii-MEPN PROGRAM...anyone heard about it?Register Today!
- by starangel2 Dec 12, '08I'm applying for UH MEPN program for Fall 2009. Has anyone heard about the program? It's fairly new but I just want to know what I'm getting myself into...lol. I know overall, nursing school is tough but would like some feedback on the MEPN program itself.
- Jan 7, '09 by kurume830hello starangel2. i am applying for this program this fall too. best of luck!
- Apr 5, '09 by woot544Hi! Just wanting to know, did you guys get into the program? How competitive was it?
- May 28, '09 by starangel2Hey Propective Nursing Students,
I found out I got into the MEPN program and the BSN but unfortunately, I had to turn down the MEPN. I've decided to go with the traditional BSN. For those in the MEPN, good luck! I don't really know anyone in the MEPN but hope you share your experiences with us.
- May 31, '09 by kauainurseIs it classroom based or online
- May 31, '09 by starangel2BSN is classroom based. MEPN is both first year is classroom and when you transition to Master's specialty, then it's both online and classroom based. Are u thinking about it?
- Jan 22, '10 by AjBobHey all, I'm applying this 2010,
Any tips or thoughts after a year? How many applied last year? And how many were accepted? When did you find out if you got an interview? Any suggestion for the interview?
I got my BA in a different subject from UHM and a Really want to attend thier MEPN prog., so any advice or information is welcomed.
- Jan 28, '10 by LindsayPaigeAloha AjBob,
I too have applied for the Fall 2010 MEPN program. I have heard that the first part of the program costs are running around $100,000. I couldn't believe it.
I'm crossing my fingers for a letter ofr interview in March. The best of luck to you.
- Jan 28, '10 by AjBobHow'd you get that number? I got. $121,986 for the whole program, Ped NP, using the tuition list for next year.
- Jan 28, '10 by LindsayPaigeI saw some private posts and the person said they had payed that just for the first part of the program. I am calling tomorrow to double check and make sure of the real cost of everything. I thought that was a bit too high for the first part of the program. I also read that they were having a hard time finding jobs after taking the NCLEX because they didn't have degrees (BSN) while doing the NP portion.