VA Hiring Process - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 11, '12 by Marshall1GOOD FOR YOU!!!
- Jan 11, '12 by wife&mommyRNMarshall1 I PM'd U
- Jan 11, '12 by Marshall1sent you a response
- Jan 15, '12 by wife&mommyRNi just wanted to update everyone, i had my interview. they asked general questions, nothing anyone hasn't seen before. 3 managers interviewed me, 1 did most of the talking and interaction. they go over some of the benefits with you, flexible scheduling, 5 weeks vacation, sick time, ot. everything is online, thats what i love about the va nothing is a secret. it was like pulling teeth to get the benefits package from hr before i accepted my current position. i know the economy is bad, but i still needed to be selective in changing positions. be prepared, they called my present supervisor before the interview and requested one of my current evaluations from her. i felt that it went well & that i would be a good fit on the unit. they said i should hear something next week. any other questions, feel free to pm me. i will keep everyone posted, thank god the allnurses.com
- Jan 16, '12 by elprupI interviewed for rural clinic VA position too! Interview was a few weeks ago. My references were called the next day. I am trying to be patient as well!Thanks for the info and good luck!
- Jan 16, '12 by Marshall1rlprup - from what I understand the calling of the references is by the hiring manager to determine if they still want to move forward. This, in and of itself, doesn't really help in the sense the VetPro is the credentialaling and mailed reference checks - which I'm hearing can take a long time..I also have NO idea of the pay. The person in HR told me this is determined after the Vetpro items clear and a salary given when/if a job offer is made...I have already completed everything else - including the info. for VetPro Just hoping it does not take months. Keep us all posted on your progress - will keep my fingers crossed for you!
- Jan 16, '12 by wife&mommyRNCorrection: I meant thank God FOR allnurses.com
Just had to clarify
- Jan 18, '12 by elprupThank you for all the info. I will try to be patient.
- Jan 20, '12 by Marshall1Update: Was able to confirm w/the person who does the VETPRO that my official transcripts made it to her 2 days ago (the 18th). I ordered them and they were mailed the 6th. Seems like a long time for them to have gotten to her (my school is in the same state as I'm looking to work) but that is all I was able to confirm. I have no idea where I stand in the hiring process or what's next. I have gone ahead and accepted a 4 week home health position through an agency because I have to get working. Hopefully something will develop before the next 4 wks are up!