March BOLC - Page 6Register Today!
- Feb 22, '11 by Care&JoyQuote from ald11Thanks again. Yeah, I was concerned because even though I could stay w/ grandparents, they live waaayyyy on the other side of SA & I don't think driving that drive every morning would help me w/ timliness considering dreaded traffic. I'd prefer being close so I can be early every day w/out stressing about traffic congestion!Care&Joy: I only know of the prep course from an email from the TAC a few days ago. There was a one line mention regarding reporting for people that were already there for the prep course on 3/9 ... sounded like it matched up with your report date. I don't know anything about this course other than that.
Regarding housing, somewhere in your orders it will tell you if housing is being provided or not; if not then you'll get a per diem for this TDY period which will be plenty to cover rooms and meals (http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/perdiemCalc.cfm). You can still stay in lodging on post, you'd just have to make a reservation and pay up front until you're reimbursed. If you can't get a hold of your branch manager or recruiter I'd be glad to help you decipher your orders, just pm me
I'm going to have to look over my orders again & see if you can help me w/ the parts that are greek to me...your last sentence was like music to my ears, Ha ha! . It's not the deciphering really, it's just the order & what applies where, since I have 2 report dates .
- Feb 22, '11 by LunahRNI spoke with our branch manager today - she confirmed that my report date would be 23 March, and that we should hopefully have orders this week. It's a funding thing at this point, as GreyWolf referenced (http://allnurses.com/government-mili...ml#post4786993), and people who have to report early are the ones being stationed there -- that's why the early date, and why their orders were pushed through first. She hopes we'll get orders this week! Yay!!
- Feb 23, '11 by Care&JoyQuote from LunahRNDid she answer the phone when you called? Or did she just return your call? Wondering, because I know she's busy & so we have yet to talk on the phone, ha. I just get voicemail when I call & she just emails me back. Ha.I spoke with our branch manager today - she confirmed that my report date would be 23 March, and that we should hopefully have orders this week. It's a funding thing at this point, as GreyWolf referenced (http://allnurses.com/government-mili...ml#post4786993), and people who have to report early are the ones being stationed there -- that's why the early date, and why their orders were pushed through first. She hopes we'll get orders this week! Yay!!
- Feb 23, '11 by LunahRNShe just happened to pick up the phone when I called yesterday - she definitely prefers email! She is really nice when you talk to her, though.
- Feb 26, '11 by ald11That's great Lunah! ...and that makes a lot of sense about the earlier date for those PCS'ing to Ft Sam I'll see you guys there!
- Feb 27, '11 by nevadabutterflyHello All,
Just adding two cents. I've been told that the March 8th report dates are for some direct commissionees. It's like pre-k before actual kindergarden. It's called Pre-BOLC. I have a friend who has orders to the March BOLC and is being stationed in El Paso after BOLC and she has to do to Pre-BOLC.
- Feb 28, '11 by ButtonRNHey guys! You have no idea how excited I was when I found this thread... it made me start feeling a lot better about things. Have yall that were awaiting orders ever received them? I was told that my report date was March 23rd, but I still have nothing in writing... making me a little hesitant to put in my 2 weeks at my current job. Also, is the Pre-BOLC that's been mentioned for people with no prior service? Because I have no prior service, but haven't heard a thing about a Pre-BOLC course. I really just don't want to get there and be the only idiot that has no idea what she's doing
- Feb 28, '11 by LunahRNButtonRN, I am in the same boat -- I've been told 23 March (no pre-BOLC), but no orders yet. I was hoping they'd come through today. Arrghh. I have no prior service, beyond years as an Army/civil service brat. I'll be an idiot with you, no worries! Welcome to allnurses and the forum.
- Mar 1, '11 by ButtonRNThanks, glad I'm not the only one! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
- Mar 2, '11 by RNburnoutIs anyone else getting frustrated by the lack of orders 3wks out?