FY 2014 Air Force Nursing - Page 29Register Today!
- Oct 30 by SG219If I were to get an ID card now before COT it would be a "reserve" I'd card because we are on reserve status before COT. if one doesn't get an ID card before COT, then they can just get their active duty ID at cot. I don't plan on getting an ID card before cot, I believe having orders will be enough to get onto maxwell for training and they will get us an id within the first few days.
- Nov 1 by Candi2188SG219,
Do you plan to have TMO move your things? I would like to hear how your move goes.
My husband and I are hoping to get TMO to come while I am at COT
- Nov 3 by nikidyoQuote from Candi2188TMO basically does everything from you, including packing. Make sure you take pictures of everything, and if possible move any of your high price items (ie computers, game systems etc) TVs these days are a little big, so they really can't take that and hope you never notice. (It's contracted so the actual packers/movers are civilians) if anything is lost or damaged they do full replacement value (back in 2005 area they only did depreciated value) I was a 2T2 when I was enlisted and TMO was part of our squadron.SG219, Do you plan to have TMO move your things? I would like to hear how your move goes. My husband and I are hoping to get TMO to come while I am at COT
Also, those of you going to Travis...it's a nice area. It's close to Sacramento, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Napa etc. There's lots to do in the area.
I'm prior enlisted and saw your posts. I did a different program, but had info on TMO and Travis and thought I'd leave it here for ya!
- Nov 4 by SG219Candi2188,
We are planning to have TMO move our things. My wife and I have enough on our plate for this first move not to do a TMO move. I will keep you posted on how the move goes in February.
Nikidyo, Thanks for the info!
- Nov 4 by KenkoolhimesWhere are the best cities to look for apartments near Travis AFB? any suggestions
- Nov 11 by jfratianDoes anybody have a read on the exact COT graduation date (the one that starts in March)? The website is down, and that link doesn't appear to have current dates.
- Nov 12 by girlpiggie01Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum. I just graduated in May and passed my NCLEX in August 2013. I recently contacted the Travis AF base recruiter and will be meeting with her tomorrow regarding the NTP that just opened for new graduate RNs.
Jfratian, regarding your question, based on the documents that I received from the recruiter, the COT dates are as followed:
Class: 13-02 Start: 01-13-14 Graduate: 02-14-14
Class: 13-03 Start: 03-04-14 Graduate: 04-04-14
Class: 13-04 Start: 05-27-14 Graduate: 06-27-14
Class: 13-05 Start: 06-30-14 Graduate: 08-01-14
Class: 13-06 Start: 08-14-14 Graduate: 09-14-14
- Dec 1 by jnurrd1I am a Labor and Delivery Nurse thinking about joining active duty/CO in 2014. I will have 11 yrs of RN experience when I submit my application. I also hold a National Certification in Fetal Monitoring. I will finish my BSN Oct 2014. I plan on submitting around July/Aug with my tentative graduation date. I am 32 yrs old. The only thing that worries me is that I have file chp 7 bankruptcy, but my recruiter says it's not a big deal and just requires a waiver. Can anyone give me any insight. I have only heard post from ER/ICU nurses. Thanks
- Dec 4 by jcbcraneAnyone know when the next 2 boards will be? I think I saw on here before in January. Not sure when the next will be and cut off dates would be great to know too. Thanks!
- Dec 7 by jfratianLast year's February board was on the 19th and the cutoff was about 4 weeks prior. As there are only 2 FQ boards per year (the July one being for NTP), the next would be early October 2014. I'm no longer applying and don't know the exact dates anymore.