FY 2013 Army AD incentive changesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on FY 2013 Army AD incentive changes in Government / Military Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... My wife was just contacted by her recruiter to let her know the incentives changed. There is still...by nursespouse Sep 6, '12My wife was just contacted by her recruiter to let her know the incentives changed. There is still the 120k loan repayment, but you cannot get the 10k signing bonus unles you are applying as critical care(like you already have the 8a identifier). With the lack of the signing bonus she only has to commit for 3 years so that is a plus. She is also putting the critical care 16 week course in the contract TDY en route. So has anyone else heard this yet. And how is everyone doing while getting ready to be selected in November. My wife is excited, about the gaurantee'd critical care course in the contract, and has even shaved about 4 minutes off her two mile run. Let me know what you guys are thinking about the incentive changes.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=782091©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,592 Views
- Sep 6, '12 by AjaxAndronicusMy recruiter told me he was putting in the 8a identifier and if by chance it did not get approved that he would sign me as a med/surg 66h with a guarantee to go the 16 week critical care course for the 8a identifier.
Good to hear they are still offering the loan repayment. Haven't heard anything about the bonus.
- Sep 10, '12 by bniziIn meeting with my recruiter she told me that even if i qualified for the 8a identifier that there is no longer any loan repayment or signing bonus. I hope this is wrong information she gave me because it would be nice to at least have some kind of incentive.
- Sep 10, '12 by LunahRNI would not be surprised if some of the loan repayment or bonuses were no longer available. The Army Nurse Corps is overstrength as it is, and there are still more applicants than slots. The Army doesn't need incentives to attract nurses at this point. I had also heard that the Incentive Specialty Pay (ISP) bonus for certified nurses was going to go away as well, but I'm not sure if that has happened or not.
- Sep 10, '12 by AjaxAndronicusAll I want is to be a butter bar.Loan repayment or bonus would be nice, but I just want to serve.
- Sep 10, '12 by LunahRNQuote from AjaxAndronicusI know... I felt the same! I came very close to not getting the ISP due to some paperwork issues, but I would have come in anyway, regardless!All I want is to be a butter bar.Loan repayment or bonus would be nice, but I just want to serve.
- Sep 10, '12 by AjaxAndronicusQuote from LunahRNgood to hear its a universal feeling, only 1.5 months to go! Can't wait, nervous, but pumped to in the homestretch of the commissioning process.
I know... I felt the same! I came very close to not getting the ISP due to some paperwork issues, but I would have come in anyway, regardless!
Have dropped 70+lbs, running 2 miles in 14min, enough pushups and sit ups to pass the apft. Have been reading everything I can on army nursing, CSH, FST. Have been bugging every retired NCO about what makes a good officer and leader.
I am ready, I just need the chance for the door to open up and have the opportunity to gain the respect of my soldiers and fellow officers.
- Sep 11, '12 by nursespouseYeah, My wife is set. We have finally confirmed the exact number they are selecting which is showing at 40. She will still be getting the loan repayment just not sign on bonus. What exactly is the ISP bonus though wasnt sure of what that was. The first BOLC is in January, but she said it all depends on when the critical care class is for when my wife would go. Meaning the first BOLC is January, but if her 16 week course isnt until june or august then they would send her to a later BOLC. I hope she gets in, and I hope she has a great time.
- Sep 11, '12 by jeckrnThe ISP is a bonus pay to nurses who are certified in their speciality area. It can range from 5K for a 1 year comment to 20K for a 4 year.
- Sep 12, '12 by athena55The ISP - I signed up for another 4 years, so it is still on the table...