AF April/May 2012 FQ Board - Page 7Register Today!
- Jun 1, '12 by Jenks7Yes, I am just venting. However, they preach integrity and such, so.... Anyway, I thought this side would be a little different than the enlisted side. Lol. So let's hope for next week...
- Jun 4, '12 by Jenks7Anyone talk to their recruiter today? Any news?
- Jun 4, '12 by jessa951hey guys~ good luck! I am applying for the june boards Keep me posted on your decisions! Does anyone know the ratio of new nurses to experienced nurses they select? I am applying for the NTP since I would be a new nurse (currently in an accelerated nursing program at NYU). Are most of you all experienced nurses? How did your interviews go? Any advice? THANKS!!!
- Jun 4, '12 by rndiver82Hey jessa, not sure what the ratio is at all. I think the three of us are all experienced and are going for a direct commission, so not sure who may be able to answer your question.
Jenks, I heard from my recruiter today and he has seen zero results at this point. I'm actually going to see him Wednesday for my face to face time, so hopefully we'll know something by then. I'm just relaxing and focusing on my last 7 weeks of school. It's a little unsettling because last board I was a nervous wreck cause deep down I didn't think I got it, which I didn't. This time, I am calm as a cucumber and just relaxed, but now I have no clue one way or another. So, maybe that's a sign. Hang in there!
Also, I saw you were up in Muscatine. I used to live in the Quad Cities and worked for both Trinity and Genesis. I bet we have mutual friends!
- Jun 4, '12 by Jenks7Yes I bet we do have mutual friends! Small world. U will have to pm me... What dept did u work in?
- Jun 5, '12 by rndiver82ER of course!
- Jun 5, '12 by Jenks7In muscatine??
- Jun 6, '12 by ERMagsrndiver82, did your recruiter have any updates today? I wish I could talk to mine but he's a 3 hour drive away in Nashville, plus I'm too nervous to ask him anything right now.
- Jun 7, '12 by rndiver82Hey guys! I saw my recruiter today and actually had a great visit. For one thing, if any recruiter promises you anything, ignore that promise. Rarely does anything promised ever happen that way. That's why my recruiter has never promised me anything. EVER. And I have been working with him for about 2 years now.
Now, about the board: I think everyone had a misunderstanding of what the board is. It's not just a one day thing. It's actually about a 2 week process. Once the selection board meets, they select those candidates they feel are the best fit. Those applications are then sent to another office that matches the applicants to job openings that are the best fit for the Air Force needs. THEN, those applications are sent to the program manager for some other administrative things and THEN the results are sent to the recruits. Now, sometimes this process goes really fast, other times not. And seeing how this went down right before Memorial Day (next to Veteran's Day, the biggest holiday got the military) we may know something in the next two days, but realistically speaking it may be more of next week before results are released.
Sorry your recruiters have kind of given you false hopes about this process. I think the impression was the board met and bing, bang, boom, everything is thrown out there, which simply isn't the case. So, keep being patient. We should know something pretty soon one way or another.
- Jun 7, '12 by rndiver82Also, don't be scared to call and chat with your recruiters. It's their job to answer questions and keep you in the loop of what is happening.