What should I bring with me on my first day in LTC? - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 30, '12 by Anne36Tommorow is my first day on orientation after Nursing School. Im very nervous. I graduated at the end of April and its Oct 1. Ive been out of clinicals for 5 months!! On Friday I went in to do the necessary paperwork and got the tour of the facility, during our meeting someone asked about bringing a notebook and we were told No, we could not take notes. Does that make sense? We are not just new to the facility but brand new Nurses.
- Sep 30, '12 by Anne36I forgot to add, we were also told to leave our cell phones in the car, they are not allowed on us or even in our lockers. Im not attached to my phone by any means, but how common is this because I was surprised.
- Oct 1, '12 by CapeCodMermaidI can understand the rule about no cell phones since somehow they travel from locker to pocket, but I don't understand why you would be forbidden to take notes. If they give you a rationale for this, please share.Best of luck on your first day!
- Oct 1, '12 by Sweeti738Tomorrow (oct 2) is my first day of orientation. I graduated early May of this year and I completely understand where you are coming from. I'm really nervous that I might have forgotten some of the basics, but I'm hoping it will all come back to me once I get on the floor. I thing that sounds unreasonable about not taking any notes. Let me know how things go! Good luck this week!
- Oct 1, '12 by KittyBinimiIf you're allowed to take your cell phone to the floor, one app I use every day I work is ColorNote for Android. With ColorNote, you can make checklists, which you can save and reuse. I use it to ensure that I complete every task that needs to be done every time I work. You know that moment when you're driving home and you suddenly realize "CRAP! I FORGOT TO X Y Z!" For me, this app keeps those moments to a minimum.
- Oct 12, '12 by kmarie724Lots of pens! As soon as I set on down, it tends to disappear. I also bring a Sharpie marker, a yellow highlighter (for "yellowing out" DC'd orders) and my own bandage scissors since there never seems to be any in the tx cart.