Staff Development positionRegister Today!
- by Micki72 Dec 27, '12Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows if an LPN can hold a Staff Development position in an LTC facility. Fyi, I'm from Michigan. Thank you for any input you can give.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804459©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 736 Views
- Dec 27, '12 by mappersWhere I teach, the staff development person is an LPN. As a matter of fact, most of the non-bedside nursing positions are LPNs (MDS, Unit managers, etc.)
- Dec 27, '12 by Micki72Mappers...where do you teach at?
- Dec 27, '12 by CapeCodMermaidI have worked with many SDCs who are LPNs. There is no regulation to prevent it. In fact, there is no regulation that I can find that says the SDC even has to be a nurse!
- Dec 29, '12 by Havin' A Party!Never worked in a SNF that had an LPN as a SD.
- Dec 30, '12 by Nascar nurseI was an LPN SDC for several years. As an LPN, I was also certified to teach the CNA course in my state.
- Dec 30, '12 by mappersI teach clinicals for a nursing school which are at a LTC. I'm fortunate to have been at the same one for 4 quarters now and I've gotten to know the staff well.