Some people want to live forever - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 12, '11 by Lynx25My father in law told me to just take him behind the barn and shoot him.
Didn't quite know what to say.
- Dec 12, '11 by MerlynSound like she is tiered, lonely, feels useless and can't stand the pain any more. Year after year I realize the truth in the line from the song "My Generation", "...Hope I die before I get old.." watching old friends die, this world keeps moving faster and faster, the world has always been an uncaring place but today is seems the most uncaring. BUT when you stop to think 94 years. what has she lived through. She was a teenager when FDR first took office, TV was fiction. All of the diseases that were killers back then can be cure with a couple pills today. She is a living history book. All of this living takes its toll. She's ready to turn the page; ready for the next chapter to begin.
- Dec 12, '11 by thebigbluecheezI've heard of a resident in an ALF who planned and held his own wake.
As far as I know, he's still alive. And has a great sense of humour (with a "U", he's British)
- Dec 13, '11 by StrwbryblndRNGood to hear she knows what she wants. I hope she gets it.
Sounds like she has been waiting for it to happen for awhile and its getting boring.
Plan a party for her or even better with her. Something she can enjoy before she passes.
- Dec 13, '11 by ThePrincessBrideDidn't she hear? 94 is the new 84!
- Dec 13, '11 by Ruby Veethe last time i saw my father, he took me to the cemetary to visit the ancestors' graves. while we were there, he made sure i knew where his plot was located and what he wanted on his gravestone. a few weeks later my sister visited. he gave her poa for healthcare, financial affairs, etc. then he just up and died. i know he went when he was ready.
- Dec 13, '11 by seizethedayMy grandmother does not have the intuitive feeling about death gene! She has been working on dying for about a decade - unsuccessfully. Every few months she thinks or feels that it is her time...nope!
It's become a running joke..every year she says this will be my last Christmas, my last summer, my last birthday etc... but every year she is still here!
We might as well plan her 100th party!