Question about inservicesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Question about inservices in Geriatric Nurses / LTC Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Does your LTC facility have monthly inservices, and if yes, do they require that per diems do them?...by WeepingAngel Mar 19Does your LTC facility have monthly inservices, and if yes, do they require that per diems do them?
By inservices, I mean either a meeting that you go to, or a ditto with a quiz if you can't go to the meeting.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=822461©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 526 Views
- Mar 19 by michelle126Yes and no. We have weekly meetings. I go to the ones they post in advance. We do have self learning packets for some of them.
- Mar 19 by LindaB73Yes. Everyone is required to suffer through the monthly inservices.
- Mar 21 by auntiedebeAs a former nurse educator, I feel horrible when people have to suffer through the monthly inservices. We wouldn't teach our residents in a long boring drawn out manner, why would we teach our peers in this way. Learning can be fun!
- Mar 22 by WeepingAngelThanks for answers everyone! I work per diem at an LTC and they are chasing me for inservices, since I work there about once every 1-2 months I didn't realize they were mandatory. I've got some catching up to do!
- Mar 22 by rbrown63Yes we have in-services all of the time. All employees of the facility whether PRN, part-time or full-time are required to attend if the in-service is for them ( i.e. CNA, licensed staff, etc.) and if the in-service has been made mandatory. The facility where I work has both mandatory and voluntary in-services.
It depends on your facility.