Please Help

  1. :rolleyes: Hey everyone,

    I am interested in studing Geriatric Nursing and i would like to get some advice from others in this field.

    Thank you in advance
    trinigal
    •  
  2. 4 Comments

  3. by   HaveOrNot
    Originally posted by trinigal
    Hey everyone,

    I am interested in studing Geriatric Nursing and i would like to get some advice from others in this field.

    Thank you in advance
    trinigal
    Hi! Can you be a little more specific about what kind of advice you are looking for? We would be happy to help if we can.
  4. by   kbolles
    geriatric nursing does have its rewards. not everyone comes to a nursing home to die, we have a wonderful rehab dept. and it is great to watch someone get better and actually go home
  5. by   bab5z
    I have been involved in gero-psychiatry for the last 27 years. It has been a challenging career with may sub -specialties ie Alzheimer's disease, Psychoactive medications, geriatric research, etc etc etc. I have worked in a psychiatric facility and now am in a LTC facility for veterans. The patients and residents I have cared for have all been unique, special people. The work is hard, the care rewarding and the wealth of knowledge gained is vast. Hope this helped.
  6. by   Tim-GNP
    Remember... when we talk of the nursing home population, we only speak about 5% of the geriatric population. If you are interested in Gerontological Nursing, look into other options. There is health promotion to consider. Guess where the other 95% of the older adult population resides...

close
Please Help