Peachford vs Georgia RegionalRegister Today!
- by mangopeach Jul 26, '12Has anyone worked at both facilities?
I'm a new grad RN and I recently accepted a job at Peachford. ( I love Psych by the way so I am really excited to have gotten the job!)
However, I had both interviews scheduled for this week. I was offered the Peachford position today and I accepted and now I'm not sure if I should go to the GA Regional Interview tomorrow.
My thinking is that Peachford might be the better place to learn for a new grad.
- Jul 28, '12 by GaMommy81Are they still hiring? It would be interesting to work with substance abuse clients.
- Jul 28, '12 by JustADreamI don't know anything about Peachford, but GA Regional was needing nurses when I did my clinical rotation there a while back. They really encouraged all students to apply if interested in psych nursing and I think you would get a very well-rounded experience since that is your interest. I don't know if they were short-handed because of high turnover or some other reason, but everyone I met was very pleasant. Best of luck in whatever you decide!
- Jul 29, '12 by mangopeachQuote from GaMommy81Peachford or GA Regional?Are they still hiring? It would be interesting to work with substance abuse clients.
I'm not sure if Peachford is still hiring new grads. I applied back in May when they first posted about new grad openings. Just got called last week for the interview. Never hurts to try though.
I still went to the GA Regional interview, and during the course of the interview, I was informed that they take on new hires twice a month. I have heard they are always new grad friendly so its worth a try if you want to do psych.
I think Peachford has more to offer though as far as learning more since they do have a detox unit, treat eating disorders and they do ECT. Plus the patient population is more diverse - Kids to Geriatrics.Last edit by mangopeach on Jul 29, '12
- Jul 30, '12 by GaMommy81Thank you for the information on Peachford and Georgia Regional. I am more interested in working at Peachford, but it looks as though I may have missed the boat.
- Apr 7 by shamekahello..if you dont mind sharing what is the starting pay in psych..someone told me the pay is normally better.. just curious