Mercer QuestionsRegister Today!
- by britt1624 Aug 6, '12Hello all!
I am new here but had a few questions on GA Baptist at Mercer University in Atlanta. I am 33 and going back to school. I went to college when I was 18/19 but quit school and made mostly C's. I plan on retaking everything so my GPA will be high enough to get into nursing school. I was so set on GA State but started looking at Mercer and it doesn't seem as competitive and it looks like they accept way more applicants. My questions are:
-I saw on Mercer's website that Chemistry I and II are not required like GA State. Is this accurate? Chemistry is the only thing that terrifies me.
-Does anyone know how many applicants apply to GA Baptist/Mercer each year? I called them today but they would not give me an answer so I thought I would try here.
-If you were accepted into GA Baptist, what was your overall gpa/program gpa, test scores, etc.
I am so focused and very excited about what the future holds! I have never had enough faith in myself until now and I am more ready than ever.
Thank you for your input! This is my first post ever but I am sure I will be on here a lot more. x
P.S. I am an undergrad going for my RN**Last edit by britt1624 on Aug 6, '12
- Aug 6, '12 by JustBeachyNurseMoved to GA State Nursing PRograms to elicit further response.
- Aug 11, '12 by Rox.GI haven't been accepted to Mercer, & I'm not sure how many apply to their program, but it looks like Chem isn't a requirement-- at least that's what I gather from their site! Chem scares me too, & I'm taking it at the end of this month. Luckily the bsn program I'm interested in has a Chem requirement that can be fulfilled in one semester!
Sorry I couldn't be more help, but it looks like you're right-- Chem isn't a requirement!
- Aug 11, '12 by britt1624Ok thank you. Good luck to u!
- Aug 13, '12 by kms06yHi, I start Mercer next Monday so I can help you with a few questions. Chem is not a requirement (thank goodness) and from what I heard at Orientation, they took 140 students out of around 800-900 serious applicants. My teas were 81.3 and my GPA was around 3.4 I believe.
- Aug 14, '12 by britt1624Wow, congratulations!!! How exciting. Good luck to you and thank you for that information. xo
- Oct 3, '12 by Nurse2b7337@kms what an excellent in on yr teas scores. Where did you complete all of yr prerequisites? I still need religion, statistics, nutrition and a few others. I'm goin to the info session this month hopefully to get my questions answered!! I hope all is going well for you.
- Oct 29, '12 by kms06yThanks! I did my pre-reqs in FL. When are you planning on applying? I applied with a few classes to take. I took one this past summer and I'm taking the other next summer!
- Oct 29, '12 by Nurse2b7337Hello I'm going into another program now!!
Sent from my iPad using allnurses.com
- May 6 by astrickland13As anyone gotten into the Fall 2013 program? I am awaiting my decision.