License by Endorsement in GA, How long did it take? - page 7
by quiteone 65,514 Views | 75 Comments
i was just wondering if anyone has got there rn license transfer to georgia, by endorsement, recently. how long did they take to issue you a license? on the application it states 15 business day but i called gabon, and they... Read More
- 0Apr 28, '11 by Ihechi01Hi great nurses. Am a foriegn nurse , I jst passed my NCLEX-RN with California and I want to transfer my license to GA because am living in GA right now. I hv called the GABON to ask what I will need to submit but I was only directed to go to the GA website which is actually not helping me. Pls does anyone no what I need to submit to GA for my license to be endorsed?
- 0May 2, '11 by jamescYou will need to visit the website at www.sos.ga.gov/plb/rn and download the application for licensure by endorsement. Follow the instructions included with the application. Rememeber that incomplete applications will result in processing delays. Additionally, please note that if you have graduated from nursing school within four years of the date of application you will not be required to meet the practice requirement described on the application.
- 0Jun 26, '11 by PokytrokytHi All,
I have a couple questions about RN licensure by endorsement, too. I currently live and am licensed in VA and have applied for a job as a new grad nurse at a hospital in GA. The hospital indicated I need to have a GA license before they'll make me an offer.
I found the link (thanks) for the application to get my license endorsed into GA. But the instructions indicate I also need fingerprints and a background check by a company that runs the GAPS system. I'm not clear how I can do that, living outside the state at the moment. Would I have to fly/drive to somewhere in GA to go to a GAPS site for this stuff?
I'm not sure I want to go to that effort and cost when I don't even have a job offer yet in GA.
- 0Jun 27, '11 by jamescyou may visit the georgia board of nursing's website at www.sos.ga.gov/plb/rn, click on "application downloads" and choose instructions for out of state applicant fingerprint background check. this will provide clear information regarding the necessary steps to obtain a background check without traveling to the state of georgia.
- 0Jun 27, '11 by PokytrokytQuote from jamescgreat, thanks for the heads up! too bad ga is not part of the nursing licensure compact. that would make things a lot easier for many of us out-of-staters.you may visit the georgia board of nursing's website at www.sos.ga.gov/plb/rn, click on "application downloads" and choose instructions for out of state applicant fingerprint background check. this will provide clear information regarding the necessary steps to obtain a background check without traveling to the state of georgia.