Hopeful Georgia Highlands Fall 2012 RN applicant
- 0Jan 20, '12 by ADean214Hello all! I am in the process of applying to Georgia Highlands Fall 2012 Nursing program. I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I have all A's and B's in all of pre reqs, 2 Bs and an A in the sciences, which makes me nervous. I also didn't do that well on the TEAS. I got an 81, but did extremely well in the science part of it. I had an 1050 on my SAT'S from back in 2002. I did the worksheet total that they have online, and my score was an 1131. I am wondering if this is enough? But the worksheet does not include the TEAS calculation.
Any info or comments would be great! I just want to know where I stand
- 1Jan 24, '12 by NS1485i am also applying for the fall. i have done well in all my prereqs except history/government (i took it freshmen yr and just didn't care about doing well. i was told not to bother with retaking it so i didn't). i didn't do well on my teas either. i emailed someone from the nursing department to find out what the cut off score was and she told me last fall was 940 which gives me hope because even though i didn't do well on the teas and history i still have over 1000. the worksheet score online isn't updated though to include the teas. instead of your sats counting for 20% they will now count for 10% and your teas will count for 10. this is the email reply i got when i asked how to calculate it:
"it may be complicated for you to figure or maybe not - but here is how it works:
math and science scores points weight of subscores
[color=#009900]>80% 3 science pts x 2
70-79% 2 math pts x 1
formula for teas adm score = total pts x 200
fomula for category iii score: ((sat x 0.10)+(teas adm score x 0.10))
so, if you score between 70-79% in both areas on the teas, science and math, you would get 2 points for math and 4 points for science since the science points are x 2. that would be a total of 6 points. that is then multiplied by 200 for a total of 1200 points and then you take 10% of that for a score of 120 points for the teas. if you score for the sat was 1000 you would take 10% of that which would be 100 - the two added together would give you a total of 220 points for the teas and sat (category iii)."
so for the math and science i did not make above 60 so i won't be getting any points for the teas. i'm still hopeful. i hope this helped and wasn't too confusing.
- 0Feb 2, '12 by southerngrl412I am also applying for fall 2012 at Georgia highlands. I tried to do the worksheet online but that was before I knew it has teas score too so I guess I should go back and work that out. But if I did it right I would have had an 1180 before the teas. I am also applying for west ga and ksu. I got an interview from ksu last semester but got waitlisted. I am afraid that is going to happen again this semester. Does anyone know if Georgia highlands has a certain limit for the teas? For west ga you have to take it between July and January and that's the only score they will take.
- 0Feb 4, '12 by NS1485I wouldn't think there would be a limit. Just as long as you get it in with your application (Deadline is April 1st so I would take it soon if you haven't already!). I know it has to be Teas V, but I don't know if they count other attempts or not. I am not 100% sure so I'd call the nursing department.
- 0Feb 13, '12 by Kvoyles00I got in also for the hybrid course! Yay!!! I would like to get your email to ask u Somethings before class starts. But ADEAN214 ur sat has to be less than 5 years old. I took mine in 02 also applied last year didn't get in. Retook it reapplied and got in this year. Best of luck to u