Hopeful Georgia Highlands Fall 2012 RN applicant - Page 5Register Today!
- Jun 5, '12 by hopeful616@Jennifer: I know how you feel! I am transferring from Chattahoochee Tech also! I did all my core/ general classes there and now I am just waiting to hear from GA Highlands on whether or not I'll get in to the nursing program. GAH!
I was initially told to apply for summer, but then I had to reapply for fall semester. It does take them a little while, but I don't think having the wrong semester listed on there will affect your chances. They score off of a worksheet that has grades/SAT/TEAS info. I'm sure it will be updated in time though! Good luck to us!!!!
- Jun 5, '12 by jenniferb79Well I emailed the nursing dept and they said it would not be a problem. Hopefully we will know in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!
- I called GHC yesterday and they told me letters will be sent out between the 22nd and the 25th. I think I might die from the waiting!
- I hope so too!!! Hey speaking of optimism! Do any of you live near the Pickens County area?
How awesome would it be to do some kind of carpool group? My friend and I applied together (she lives in Canton), so we're planning to carpool if we get in together.
- Ha. I should know where Pickens co is but I've forgotten. :-/ I live in Marietta. I'm a little over an hour from ga highlands.
- Oh haha! Then you're probably Cobb County, right? If you're going north, then it goes Cobb --> Cherokee --> Pickens. I am about an hour away from GHC also, but we're probably traveling in different directions.
- Yeah I've lived in Cobb my whole life. I'm not good with counties as you see. I go north west to Rome you go what just west?
- Jun 8, '12 by hopeful616I know what you mean! The only reason I know counties is because I've worked in law enforcement for 5 years- AND I'm STILL directionally challenged! Thank God for navigators!!! Yep I just go west.
- Jun 9, '12 by jenniferb79Ugh, I wish they would let us know sooner. I'm supposed to be going to orientation for Chatt Tech's nursing program the last week of June. If I get into Highlands I will probably go there instead and I would like to let Chatt Tech know so they maybe can find someone to fill my spot.
As far as the point sheet goes, I filled it out and looks like I have a 1417 if I did it right so I'm pretty confident I will get in if they usually cut off around 1000. I just want to know for sure!