Entry level pay rate for RN in Atlanta
- 0Apr 30, '11 by slcharles31Hello all -
I graduated this past December and wondered a few things before moving to Atlanta:
1. Where are the best places to look for a job (that will hire) a new grad or with one year experience?
2. What is the approximate start salary of a new grad?
3. How long does it take for GSBN to process a state to state application to obtain my licensing for Georgia?
Thanks so much in advance. I don't know any nurses in Georgia to ask or lead me along the way.
- 0May 3, '11 by MJB2010 GuideNew grads can make anywhere from 18-23 to start plus differentials. I started at 22. Most hospitals offer new grad programs- Piedmont, Northside, Gwinnet, Emory, Wellstar. What part of Atlanta will you be living in? Endorsement takes a long time. Plan for double what they tell you. Many of the new grad programs require a 2 year commmitment with a fine if you leave. I was not willing to sign any contracts. I hear that Grady hires new grads without contracts, but I never applied there. I would try to apply to the area you plan to live, commuting to Atlanta is awful.
- 0May 5, '11 by Do Or Do NotI can't really answer questions 1 & 3.....it's a real shot in the dark to find out which hospitals are hiring new grads at this point, so just keep applying and making calls and hope for the best. I graduated last fall and started work at Grady a few weeks ago on the med-surg unit. They pay me $23.40 base. Hope that helps
- 0Aug 3, '12 by MJB2010 GuidePay is actually getting worse here, not better. New grads are now getting paid less than what new grads made years ago at the same hospitals. There are a lot of new grads and the hospitals are taking advantage of the oversaturation of the market. It is a sad state of affairs I tell you! And the work load is going in the opposite direction. Nursing is going in the wrong direction in many ways.
- 0May 12, '13 by lisalulu68I am a 21 year experienced LPN who is currently in a LPN to RN program. After graduation and passing boards, I plan to move to Atlanta to be with my family. My question is: does anyone have any insight on the pay for a new RN with LPN experience? All responses welcome. Thank you in advance.