Emory University BSN/BSN 2nd Degree, Fall 2012 ApplicantsRegister Today!
- by Nonnahs917 Nov 11, '11Hi Everyone!
I am getting ready to apply to Emory's Fall 2012 BSN for 2nd Degree program and thought it may be helpful to start up a little forum/therapy group-ha.
If you are:
currently applying/a former applicant/a current Emory BSN student/a current BSN/MSN student, I'd love to hear from you!
Has everyone finished their pre-recs? Does anyone else have a non competitive undergrad (like me) G.P.A.? Does anyone know who is considered a competitive applicant? Where is everyone else applying?
I look forward to speaking with everyone...and hopefully entering the Fall '12 class together!
- Nov 12, '11 by danceluverApplicant here! Super excited about applying...what specialty are you going for?
- Nov 14, '11 by Nonnahs917Hi danceluver!
I'm applying for the BSN/2nd degree with the end result of MSN/Family NP. I just moved to Atlanta and may have to relocate in 3 years so unfortunately I could not apply to the segway program.
You? Are you local? What is your background?
- Nov 14, '11 by danceluverapplying to the segue program Did the whole pre-health thing in college but decided nursing was the field for me as opposed to any other health profession. I am not from the Atlanta area so i'm gonna have to stay there for a while, which i have no problem with because i've heard its a nice area. I'm going for women's health....what's Atlanta like to live in? Good areas? culture, weather, etc? That's too bad you'll be moving so soon!
- Nov 15, '11 by Nonnahs917danceluver-when did you graduate from undegrad? Did you take the new GRE or TEAS V?
Atlanta is nice. I recently moved here from NYC so it's a bit of an adjustment (my boyfriend had to finish his program down here, however he may have to go back to NYC for his fellowship).
- Nov 15, '11 by danceluvera couple years ago...so fairly recently, you? I took the GRE last year so I took the old one which i thought was super easy, and now i'm prepping for the teas which i have no idea what to expect, haha....have you taken it yet?
oh, how nice! The weather must be a nice change especially since you don't get frigid winters, Is your bf a physician? That's sweet that both of you will be in healthcare! Yea, that would be a hard decision to have to live apart, i think you made a good decision, because i know at least at emory, if you want to continue it might be easier to apply anyway since they already know you and your abilities. So that is always an option.
- Dec 5, '11 by mellzie22Hi everyone!
Good luck on the admission process! Does anyone who has submitted it have their log in info for OPUS?
- Dec 5, '11 by danceluverHi mellzie22---haven't submitted yet, so i can't help you with that question, but may i ask, for the essay questions....did you answer them in one long essay or answer them separately?
Good luck, which specialty are you going for?
- Dec 5, '11 by mellzie22I answered them in one long essay. I applied for the FNP program. I figured out OPUS as well. What specialty are you applying to?