Yes I did just buy the book "new"Register Today!
- by LCinTraining Aug 16, '12Med surg.
I could have gotten last years edition MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper. I think I even stumbled on it once in e-format, but I couldn't find it again, so that determined my decision. Talk, almost a hundred dollars cheaper.
The latest *recommended* edition is pricey yes. However, last year's edition is 5 inches thick! Hard back bound. This years, is paper back and split into two much thinner volumes.
My back instantly looked at it, smacked me upside the head and said "buy the lighter book baffoon!"
Classes start in 3 days. Let's do this thing!
- 1,544 Views
- Aug 16, '12 by Crazed_NSHa. When I bought my med surg book last week, I couldn't help but laugh. If its that big of a book and titled 'introduction' to med surg, I'm scared to see what the rest of the books related to it are like! I start on Monday....so excited!
- Aug 16, '12 by LCinTrainingMe too. Monday that is. Mine came in a sealed box. The box is about the size of the old edition LOL.
- Aug 16, '12 by RubySlippers06Go you! I would have done the same thing. Sometimes it is worth the extra $$
- Aug 17, '12 by SunshineDaisyI usually buy mine new as well. Which med surge book is it? We use Iggy (Ignatavicius) and the thing is huge! You can get it in 1 or 2 volumes. I got the 1 volume one because a friend was selling it, still wrapped up! I got it about $80 cheaper! Now, I did buy used for this semester, but only because I bought them from a friend and she never marks her books up!
- Aug 17, '12 by strawberry_chicaSome were required to be new or in bundles. Plus without my school's financial aid, it would be impossible to afford $800 worth of books. They also have used books in my school's bookstore and I always get the ones that seem clean without highlighting or writing which is annoying. I don't even highlight my own books so I don't want a book where every other paragraph is highlighted. Plus I love selling my books back. I did buy some used books online that were way more expensive in the store like my Lab and Diagnostic procedures book. I will also be buying my drug guide online. My bookstore wanted over 40 dollars for a used 2008 version of Davis's Drug guide.
- Aug 17, '12 by ebailey1218In my school, my books come in a kit that is purchased for one price. We use these books all three semesters, and they are all new. When I priced them out individually the kit from my school bookstore was cheaper (shock!!!! ).
- Aug 17, '12 by chyna016For text books I have bought almost all new, when I do buy a used one I get one in "like new" condition that still has the supplemtal materials. I like having the CD or access codes for extra study materials. I have had really good luck with amazon and the publisher's website. Almost all of my books have been from the same publisher (elsevier health), and they almost always have a 25% coupon code with free shipping.