Who were you in high school - page 5
by Dezy 4,445 Views | 55 Comments
You know, sometimes I wonder what kind of people my fellow nursing students were when they were in high school! We have the same career choice, but how close do we resemble in personalities? For example, I was always a tomboy... Read More
- 0Dec 30, '12 by SkipsQuote from bear14I liked long-haired metalheads in high school....and I love that type of music myself...then I ended up marrying someone with short hair, who hates metal. xD I love it.I was the headbanger into long haired guys. Ironically my husband is bald. I wanted to be a rock star.
- 0Dec 30, '12 by pnkgirl25Quote from nurseywifeymommy1Oh the parking the car at the end of the block trick lol...I pulled that many of times. I know every trick in the book. When my daughter gets older she will have bars on her windows and the car will have a GPS tracking system lol. Poor kid lolPopular, skipped school to go shopping in the city with my friends. Never had to study to pass but if I wanted an A I'd study- but that was rare. I was there to socialize. I'd come home on time then jump out my window and meet up with friends or part my car at the end of the driveway so my mom wouldn't hear my starting my car!! Fun times!
- 1Dec 31, '12 by tyvinI hung out with the wanna be hippie crowd. We were too young to be hippies so we wore beads and peace signs with hiphugger bellbottom jeans. Was a track star into high jump, broad jump. Did intramural volley ball (server), and basketball (center). As a female I was 5'10" by the 6th grade and earned the name jolly green giant. My true passion was art and the art teacher hung my work all over the school. Dropped out in the 10th grade to move with my step-mom then went and got my GED. What would have been my graduating class has a Facebook page where we hang and find out what everyone's doing.
- 0Dec 31, '12 by SwampCatI was the stoner girl that worked the fire department and hung out with 30+ year old men.
I skipped class all the time, walked out of class because of being bored, spent many weeks in in-school suspension. Graduated by the skin of my teeth, but didn't care. I was all about having fun... and I had tons of it!
Then was married at 19, had a baby by 21 and decided to pursue nursing at 26.
I guess when it was time to grow up, I grew up quick.
- 0Dec 31, '12 by DoeRNI was the cool jazz saxophonist that wore shades (that's what we called them back then) when I could get away with it. I didn't hang around a lot of the female students. My 2 best friends were males. I was laid back and would try to seem like I didn't care about school. I was also a closet nerd lol. I can't even tell you how many books I would read in my spare time. But of course I had to hide that fact and the fact that I got really good grades. But unfortunately it came out when I was one of the class valedictorians. Darn it my secret was revealed. I wanted to become a doctor and hid this too. I went to an out of state college so I could be a nerd and not care.Last edit by DoeRN on Dec 31, '12
- 0Jan 1, '13 by WoundedBirdI was a jock (soccer, basketball, softball, and student athletic trainer aide) with the UN of friends (Jamaican, British, Jewish, Catholic, Pagan, theater geek...) who was set on becoming an athletic trainer at the high school level. I reached that goal and spent the past ~5yrs at the HS / youth sports level where I realized that I love the first responder and the patch 'em up and send them on aspect immensely more than the rehab and treatment aspect and that's my driving force to become a trauma / ED / CC nurse and eventually make it onto a helicopter.