Whats your favorite montra or saying? - Page 6Register Today!
- Jan 24 by rafvGreat thread! Already saw a couple of mine:
Is what it is & one day at a time
Also, a variation on one already here: I can do anything for 8 weeks, 16 weeks (whatever the time frame is for a particular rotation).
It's not fatal (yet); it's only one test (or whatever somebody is freaking out about at that moment).
My ultimate philosophy, though, comes from comedian Russell Peters "take it and go"
- Jan 26 by somenurseQuote from GrnTea
"A lie can make it around the world before the truth has time to put its boots on."
Attributed to Twain as "a lie will fly around the whole world while the truth is getting its boots on", Standard player monthly, 1918, Volumes 3-4, Standard Pneumatic Action Co. An uncredited variant, "A lie will cover leagues while truth is putting on its boots", appears in The Judge, Volume 67, 1914, Judge Publishing Company. The oldest known attribution (1831) is to Fisher Ames: “falsehood proceeds from Maine to Georgia, while truth is pulling on his boots.” This has also been attributed to Winston Churchill.
another one about truth,
that crosses my mind over and over and over
for all kinds of situations i see, is,
//"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."//
how true is THAT, eh? happens evvvvvvverytime. okay, it happens a lotta times.
- Jan 26 by flying_ace2[QUOTE=missdirection928;7134773]The Jedi Mantra
Emotion, yet peace
Ignorance, yet knowledge
Passion, yet serenity
Chaos, yet harmony
Death, yet the Force
*I'm a big geek*
LOVE IT!!!! My fiance and I are HUGE nerds too.......this made my day!!!
- Jan 26 by nurse15No matter what's got you down, be good to yourself and get a good nights sleep. It won't seem quite so bad in the morning.
"Sorrow can be alleviated by a bath, a glass of good wine, and sleep."
St. Thomas Aquinas
- Jan 26 by scrletEverything happens for a reason and There's no point in stressing over it, its not going to change it!
- Jan 26 by jenndavis"Here is the secret of inspiration: Tell yourself that thousands and tens of thousands of people, not very intelligent and certainly no more intelligent than the rest of us, have mastered problems as difficult as those that now baffle you." When I start feeling confused and frustrated this is what I tell myself.
- Jan 26 by Blue Felt FedoraI have two I use. One is "Just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo. The other is the song "Dig in Deep" off Tyketto's last album. When I find myself stumbling on a test, I hear the opening lyrics in my head: When you gonna get up that mountain / The one that stares you right in the face
In non-test times, it's the beginning of the chorus: Dig in deep / You can get up that mountain
- Jan 27 by Ackeemno pain no glory!
- Jan 27 by MAtoLVNI'm obsessed with "it's a beautiful day to save lives" -Grey's Anatomy. It reminds me that everyday is a great day to save someone whether its from illness or themselves. It reminds me to be the change I wish to see in the world.
- Jan 27 by rubatoQuote from imintroubleI have my own version of this from running marathons. Running 26.2 miles is too overwhelming to think about, so I just kept telling myself "You can do anything for 10 minutes." or "You can do anything for 1 minute." Whatever I needed to tell myself at that moment of weakness."Stand up for what is right even if you're standing alone". I try.
My mantra at work: I can do anything for 12 hrs.
When I start nursing, it will be the same type of thing. "You can do this for the next 10 minutes" when I'm having a difficult patient or overwhelmed.