Whats your favorite montra or saying? - page 6
by Kimynurse | 11,142 Views | 136 Comments
What keeps you going? I carry a copy of the little engine that could in my back pack. I think I can, I think I can Another I like Just keep swimming , swimming What are yours?... Read More
- 0Jan 24, '13 by rafvGreat thread! Already saw a couple of mine:
Is what it is & one day at a time
Also, a variation on one already here: I can do anything for 8 weeks, 16 weeks (whatever the time frame is for a particular rotation).
It's not fatal (yet); it's only one test (or whatever somebody is freaking out about at that moment).
My ultimate philosophy, though, comes from comedian Russell Peters "take it and go"
- 0Jan 26, '13 by somenurseQuote from GrnTea
"A lie can make it around the world before the truth has time to put its boots on."
Attributed to Twain as "a lie will fly around the whole world while the truth is getting its boots on", Standard player monthly, 1918, Volumes 3-4, Standard Pneumatic Action Co. An uncredited variant, "A lie will cover leagues while truth is putting on its boots", appears in The Judge, Volume 67, 1914, Judge Publishing Company. The oldest known attribution (1831) is to Fisher Ames: “falsehood proceeds from Maine to Georgia, while truth is pulling on his boots.” This has also been attributed to Winston Churchill.
another one about truth,
that crosses my mind over and over and over
for all kinds of situations i see, is,
//"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."//
how true is THAT, eh? happens evvvvvvverytime. okay, it happens a lotta times.
- 1Jan 26, '13 by jenndavis"Here is the secret of inspiration: Tell yourself that thousands and tens of thousands of people, not very intelligent and certainly no more intelligent than the rest of us, have mastered problems as difficult as those that now baffle you." When I start feeling confused and frustrated this is what I tell myself.
- 0Jan 26, '13 by Blue Felt FedoraI have two I use. One is "Just keep swimming" from Finding Nemo. The other is the song "Dig in Deep" off Tyketto's last album. When I find myself stumbling on a test, I hear the opening lyrics in my head: When you gonna get up that mountain / The one that stares you right in the face
In non-test times, it's the beginning of the chorus: Dig in deep / You can get up that mountain
- 0Jan 27, '13 by rubatoQuote from imintroubleI have my own version of this from running marathons. Running 26.2 miles is too overwhelming to think about, so I just kept telling myself "You can do anything for 10 minutes." or "You can do anything for 1 minute." Whatever I needed to tell myself at that moment of weakness."Stand up for what is right even if you're standing alone". I try.
My mantra at work: I can do anything for 12 hrs.
When I start nursing, it will be the same type of thing. "You can do this for the next 10 minutes" when I'm having a difficult patient or overwhelmed.