I'm a senior RN student working as a CNA at a SNF. This is my day at work today.
- Post mortem care on a resident who passed an hour before. Family was comforted a bit by my butterfly scrubs.... apparently the resident was REALLY into butterflies.
- A patient grousing over soggy toast. The replacement was also soggy.
- Got patient to advocate for self on meal orders... he wrote a note to the kitchen.
- A resident pulled the call light just to show me a giant booger.
- A different resident whose husband passed away 3 days ago went on a shopping trip. I found out while she was gone and offered her a hug when I saw her again.
- "It's Wednesday, I wear yellow on Wednesdays!" (Neat!)
- Flu shot. Some confusion over where it was.
- I saw a big black poodle there.
- A resident said she was depressed.... I later referred that poodle to see her.
- Dining room and PT room under construction.... now using lounge and ice cream parlor instead.
- Had students from my college as part of their CNA class. I showed them the charting, and setting up trays and a few helpful tips for school.
Overall it was a good day. Just weird.