Share Your Favorite Words of Wisdom on Nursing!
- 0Jan 4, '11 by Yummy ChocolatePost your favorite inspirational quotes here. My favorite quote:
"When you're a nurse you know that every day
you will touch a life or a life will touch yours."
This is a great way to keep you motivated through nursing school.
- 3,469 Views
- 1Jan 4, '11 by dudette10Every experienced nurse (20+ years or more) I've chatted with has told me that they will never know it all, and they still get anxious. Not overly-anxious, mind you, but just enough to keep them on their toes.
ETA: I went to get a nursing school thingy done today at the hospital. When the nurse found out that I was a student, she chatted with me for quite some time. She was great. Her advice as I walked out was, "Never forget the five rights and do them every time."
- 2Jan 5, '11 by NS SuperheroGreat advice from a nursing instructor in regard to both test taking and clinical judgement. "What's your priority?!?"The farther along I get in school, the more it makes sense. Who's your priority patient? What's the priority assessment? What's the priority nursing diagnosis? What's your priority intervention? Really makes you think twice about getting your priorities straight when someone's life is on the line.Last edit by NS Superhero on Jan 5, '11
- 3Jan 5, '11 by schreibaMy dad once responded to me when I was freaking out about how overwhelmed I was during my first semester in nursing school, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time..." I know it sounds silly, but I think of that when I start to panic and it allows me to focus on the task at hand.
- 0Jan 5, '11 by Faith213These are a couple of nursing quotes I pulled off of my facebook profile:
The trained nurse has become one of the great blessings of humanity, taking a place beside the physician and the priest.... ~William Osler
Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription.
- Val Saintsbury