Meds study tips?
- 661 Visits
- 0Mar 18, '13 by classicdame GuideJust PO or IV too?
If PO I recommend you divide into categories like biguanide, sulonylureas, etc. Then list the ones in each category and the MAJOR side effect, how soon they work, and what is main contraindication (for instance, Metformin cannot be given for 48 hours after a contrast dye was given the patient).
If IV you need to know which are rapid (end with "log"), which are short, intermediate and long-acting. Then you need to know the onset, peak and action periods. There are grids and tables on the internet for all this if you look. Try diabetes.org
- 0Mar 18, '13 by Esme12 Asst. AdminFrom a AN member
♪♫ in my ♥ 3
Attached are 12 Word documents which I made when I took pharmacology. All the information was based on the ATI study guide since that constituted the final exam in our class.
They are formatted as 3x5 cards and were printed on individual 3x5 cards.
Have at 'em if you think they'll help... they certainly worked for me.
Again, they are entirely my own creation based on the information out of the ATI book. I make no promises as to their accuracy (though I rocked pharm so they couldn't be too bad).
Feedback is welcome.
- ATI Flash Cards 01, Overview.doc (133.5 KB, 12853 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 02, Antiinfectives.doc (275.0 KB, 8398 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 03, Medications Affecting Immune System.doc (188.5 KB, 5612 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 04, Medications for Pain and Inflammation.doc (214.0 KB, 6007 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 05, Medications Affecting the Nervous System.doc (600.5 KB, 5321 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 06, Medications Affecting the Cardiovascular System.doc (349.0 KB, 6573 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 07, Medications Affecting the Blood.doc (273.0 KB, 4231 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 08, Medications Affecting the Respiratory System.doc (143.5 KB, 4523 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 09, Medications Affecting Fluid, Electrolytes, Minerals, and Renal.doc (227.5 KB, 4461 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 10, Medications Affecting Digestion and Nutrition.doc (199.0 KB, 4127 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 11, Medications Affecting the Endocrine System.doc (245.5 KB, 4352 views)
- ATI Flash Cards 12, Medications Affecting the Reproductive System.doc (189.0 KB, 4352 views)