Immunizations for RN program questionRegister Today!
- by pmabraham Sep 30Good day:
Is there a list of what immunizations are standardized no matter the accredited RN program? If yes, where can I find the list?
I did ask the college for which I'm attending, but they shared they don't share their list until you are in the program. I am still working on my prerequisites, but I would like to plan out what I might need to get done.
- 615 Views
- Sep 30 by sunbaby0811Mine required titers for HepB and Varicella, record of a recent TDAP, and a recently done TB test. I had to have a current flu shot before a certain date this fall. My university also requires all students to have had the MMR or a positive titer.
That being said, when I entered the program, there were quite a few students who needed to get shot series (HepB and Varicella) and as long as they had started the series before school started, they were fine. I'm not sure I'd be going out and getting shots willy nilly until you know what the requirements are.
- Sep 30 by Sparrow91I guess i would ask your Doctor the next time you visit. Tell them you are going into the medical field and want to make sure that you are all up to date. They should know, they must have dozens of people come in at the beginning of each semester. Plus they need to know it for themselves immunizations do not end at the end of nursing school.
- Sep 30 by StephenAndrewsTB test (PPD), TDaP, Flu, HepA/B, Varicella, Mumps, etc.
- Sep 30 by Jenngirl34I had to have all of my immunizations done before I could even apply for my program. I had to have TDap, flu, and 2 step PPD. For MMR and Varicella we either needed to get the immunization or a positive titer. For Hep B we had to have BOTH a record of all three shots and a positive titer.
- Sep 30 by KelRN215Hep B, MMR, TDAP, Varicella (proof of immunization or positive titers if you had the disease). My school also required meningococcal because nursing school was college for me and it was required to live in the dorms.
- Sep 30 by pink magnolia 611This is what we needed for my ABSN:
Tetanus (Must be current within the last 10 years)
Varicella - (Chicken Pox) titer or shot
Measles, Mumps and Rubella (2 Doses)
Hepatitis B (3 doses)
TB Skin Test (yearly)
CPR (AHA for healthcare providers)
- Sep 30 by mrsboots87Figured I would throw my schools policy in. It seems that most schools seem t be requiring the same vax/titer records before starting the program.
Tdap or TD booster with that last 2 years
2 part TB skin test (repeat every year)
HepB 3 part vax, titer, or declination form (some clinical sites wont allow for declination so it would have to be done if your were
placed in that site)
MMR 2 part vax or titer
Vericella vax or titer
Then of course BLS CPR and health exam