I Didn't Get Into The Nursing Program...now what?? - Page 2Register Today!
- May 7 by KvedaaI was in your position as well a few years back, I ended up going to one of the state schools and getting my B.S. in Sociology and not taking any other prereqs or anything and applying again. I got into a BSN program this year.
- May 7 by LatinoHealthNutSo do you think because you enrolled in the university that improved your chances of getting accepted into the BSN program?
- May 8 by nay2vpI'm at fresno state and right now, students are only accepted in the fall to the university. I got into my program Fall 2012 and the cutoff was 3.8 gpa. The Spring cutoff was 3.5 or 3.6. It was a lot lower because only fresno state students were able to apply. If your school is like mine, it would definitely benefit you to transfer.
- May 8 by stephanie.The university I attend gives preference to its own students. You may have a better chance after taking some classes there.
- May 8 by HouTxHard to believe that OP didn't get in - those programs must have stellar applicants.
OP, is relocation an option? I happen to know that University of New Mexico is currently SEEKING BSN students due to low number of qualified applicants - yep, hard to believe. There may be other state universities out there in the same situation.
- May 9 by KvedaaI dont just think, I know. It was some advice that one of the faculty on the admissions team gave me,they also suggested a non-science degree. At the traditional BSN level in my cohort most people either already have a bachelors in something other than nursing or are in the process of attaining one. But that may be specific to the school Im attending.