How in debt were you after Nursing school? - Page 3Register Today!
- Feb 9 by twinmommy+2I graduated in 2005 ADN with 0 debt, used the GI bill from the Army, and got through. Now I'm in RN-BSN, around $3000 a semester which ain't bad, and working on scholarships for that so I'm hoping to not have to pay to much out of pocket when its all said and done.
- Feb 9 by Racer15Nursing is a second career for me. I only took out $4,500 in loans for my ADN, but I had $12,000 in loans for my BSA. If I had gone the nursing route in the first place, I'd only be $12,000 in debt for a BSN. I had a lot of grants and scholarships that paid for my first degree. I also went to a public university for my bachelors degree, and a CC for my ADN.
- Feb 9 by kguill975After an AA, an AAS, an ADN, BSN, and MSN-ACNP, I owe 30K. I never took a non-nursing course at a four year university and I've never not worked while in school. My strongest advice is to go to a state school and stick to federal loans only, leave the private loans as an absolute last resort, after begging family members.
- Feb 9 by soxgirl2008I'll owe about 4,000 for my ADN (state school). After I graduate and bridge to my BSN it'll cost me about 10,000.
- Feb 13 by kbednarczyk@MangoMonkey -- your post intrigued me about deferring loans to the gov until you make $55,000.... Can you tell me how you did that? I will be graduating in May.