Golden Key Honor SocietyRegister Today!
- by mojopsych Sep 28, '06Has anyone ever heard of the Golden Key Honor Society?? I got a letter inviting me for membership but I'm not sure if it's a reputable honor society. Any info would be appreciated.
- 1,788 Views
- Sep 28, '06 by AntikigirlNope, but then again I am far from an expert on honor societies except for the two I use to belong too.
If they have a web site..check it out...or do a search.
I would be warry of anyone asking for money if you don't know the organization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine were reputable, and I didn't have to pay a fee...National Deans List which I payed to have the annual book with my name in it...(ouch cha ching!), and Phi Theta Kappa which is a two year honor society quite active at my college so I knew them to be good, and they were, again...no fee! I could purchase items if I wanted to only.
- Sep 28, '06 by Brooke13-RNYa, I'm in Golden Key. I've never really participated, but I do get a lot of news letters and invited to different functions. I'm not sure if there was a fee or not, but if there was it was a one time thing. Go to their website if you still are concerned. I think it's one of the earlier honor societies, meaning I think it's for 2nd or 3rd year students. Hope this helps and congrats on being invited. ~Brooke
- Sep 28, '06 by Roy FokkerI think I know someone who is a member of Golden Key - I'll send her the link to this thread and ask for her opinion.
- Sep 22, '12 by turnforthenurseRNDoes your school have a Sigma Theta Tau chapter? That is a nursing honor society. The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International
There is also Chi Eta Phi, which is a nursing sorority that is predominantly African American, but anyone can join if you meet the requirements and if you have a chapter at your school.