Getting discouraged! Help! - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 11, '03 by ladytopazDon't ask me how....but I received my acceptance letter this past Saturday. Needless to say, I was jumping around, yelling, crying, you name it!! So for all of those out there, do not get discouraged. I know that I had but by the grace of God...I got in!!
- Aug 12, '03 by LoriBCongratulations!!! That's awesome! Woohoo!
- Aug 12, '03 by lilmamitaThat's so wonderful! Congrats to you. When do you start?
- Aug 12, '03 by ladytopazI went to orientation today, of course I've had everything ready "just in case"!! I start fall quarter September 15th. I'm so excited I can hardly wait!! My nursing classes and clinicals are all that I have left to finish!
- Aug 12, '03 by giftedRNLadytopaz,
I am very happy for you. I have been denied two times nowand I am at a dead end because I am an international student. I wish someone could talk to the Dean for me to get into the program. No one wants to listen to me. I have no one to turn to but God. I feel so sad.
I do not know what I am going to do now because I have taken all the prerequisites for the Bachelors degree. I have applied to other schools but they are not saying anything positive. Only God can help me now.
- Aug 12, '03 by NurseDixieLadytopaz,
Don't give up. I will soon be 47 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed and doing a lot of praying. I started my pre-reqs in '99, started the ADN program in 2000, hubby had open heart surg, I failed the 2nd semester, had to repeat it. Started my 2nd year, hubby's heart acted up again, I missed so much, my grades weren't passing so I withdrew and had to repeat that semester. Finally made it thru last semester, and only have one more to go. I'm supposed to start back to school on Monday, but hubby's stress test didn't turn out so good and his Dr. is going to send him to the Cleveland Clinic, don't know the date yet, so we'll just take it one day at a time. I can miss a few days, but don't know how he'll make it thru the rotoblade procedure(atherectomy). His heart is so diseased, he's had 2 CABG's, stents, etc. He's 58.
Just hang in there, that's what I'm trying to do. Good luck to you.
- Aug 12, '03 by ladytopazDGfuturenurse,
I will soon be 47 too! (November) And I am not giving up. I have waited for this so long and now that it's here, it's like a dream come true. Sorry to hear about your hubby's heart problems. The Cleveland Clinic is great. My Mom goes there and swears by the Dr's there. She won't even see any Dr's here in our town at all except for when she has a cold. (Are you in Ohio too??)
Good Luck and congrats on you making it this far!!
- Aug 13, '03 by RNIAMladytopaz
I was curious about how this all came about. Did you squeek the wheel a little or did it just happen? I was going to ask you if you had a letter stating that you had been accepted into the program. If so then you really did have legal leg to stand on but that is no biggy now. May I say
Congrats!!! The best of luck to you in your studies!
- Aug 13, '03 by ST_NURSE_MLDCongratulations!!!
- Aug 13, '03 by LauraLouCongratulations! I am thrilled for you!