Failed out of nursing programRegister Today!
- by guardcrazy1206 Oct 25, '11i failed out of the nursing program... i'm working on my test taking strategies, relaxation techniques and time management. i know if i get back in it i can do it. i'm not the type of person to fail twice... especially if its something i really want.. and i want this.. i need to know that there are people out there.. nurses out there that failed out but got right back in and kicked ass and became the nurses... accomplished their dreams... my family is disappointed at me.. my parents look at me like i'm just failing left and right.. i know in the end its about me and my life but i need the courage of my fellow future peers in nursing.. is it possible to fall off the horse, get a few bruises and scratches, and get right back on and finish the race?? please i ask for your help... your courage...
- 4,920 Views
- Oct 25, '11 by studentpuut56It's possible and you can do it! Good luck! One of my instructors talked about someone who did that and came back and she definitely kicked ass!
- Oct 25, '11 by stagesofthepathFlunking out of nursing school was one of the biggest heartaches of my life so far. It changed my destiny in so many ways, and I feel discouraged when I think about it. Presently I am studying online through Excelsior, preparing to take my last theory exam on Friday. I delayed taking action after I flunked out of nursing school because I felt I needed time to "lick my wounds." I am frightened about the prospect of failing again, but I must go on and give it another shot or I will always wonder if I let my dream escape me. I think I must "fake it until I make it" re: self-confidence. Self-confidence is a big problem for me. I think that is what led to my downfall in nursing school. I encourage you to go towards your dream, and if your dream involves relieving the suffering of others, I think you are justified in your effort. You don't have to prove your self worth by becoming an RN. Success to you!
- Oct 26, '11 by KingsMommyIve been there- I was lucky and got back in the next semester- I would say it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I totally do not want to sound cheesy but I did not know how to study or what it meant to take a hard class before I failed- I was an art major in college and that was really easy for me so when I decided to become a nurse I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
Well, I became the girl who lives and breaths nursing school. My class would be over at 4 and my professors would still see me there at 8 writing on the dry erase boards making sure I got the concept not just memorizing facts. It has pushed me harder than I ever before but it has been amazing because I see results. I had the worst test taking anxiety and the worst study habits but I came back a different person and even made it into the honors society. I graduate in April and I have a 3.87 GPA- you can do it too
Failing lights this fire in some people and even though you may have to put in 5 hours a day like I do or review and practice extra in the skills lab, you just do it because you want to be a nurse. DO NOT WORRY about asking questions or asking for extra help- you are at school to make sure you learn, not to make sure everyone else learns or to be too shy to ask for help
Best- and please contact me if you need any outside help- Im happy to share things I have learned that have gotten me this far
- Oct 27, '11 by Hygiene QueenQuote from KingsMommyI used the dry erase board too!my professors would still see me there at 8 writing on the dry erase boards making sure I got the concept not just memorizing facts
I pretended I was teaching it to a class and it worked miracles for me.
I highly recommend this.
- Oct 27, '11 by xtxrnOne thing you will know that others may not- you want this no matter what it takes. It's "easy" to give up when you fail at something. It takes a lot of courage and commitment to come back and do it again. People who don't want it don't do that
I believe that things happen for a reason. Not always clear- but someday it will be. Hang in there, and make all of those who are disappointed eat their words