Failed nursing school but didn't give up! - page 2
HI all! I wanted to share my experience of how I finally became an RN after going through tough obstacles. It all started back in 2002. I did my CNA but never practiced as I wanted to go back to get a bachelors degree in pych.... Read More
- 1Aug 17, '12 by traumanurse2b?I think it is really amazing that you stuck it out. Over the past 5 years I have hears from so many people about how I wouldn't get into school for this or that. You proved that if you are dedicated, you can do it. I've Bern accepted into a BSN program to start in January and it is a great feeling! Congrats to you, best of luck in your future endeavors!
- 2Aug 17, '12 by futurenurse8384Thank you for posting your journey to achieving your dream as nursing has been my dream since I was a little girl. I was supposed to graduate in May of 2012 from my ADN program but I failed the last semester by 1 point and I felt like my world had ended and am still pulling myself out of a rut. So, it's inspiring to me to hear that it happened to someone else and they pulled out of it just fine and still achieved their goals. What makes it worse for me is that I also didn't know that my nursing program was on probation as well and they are closing the doors on the program so I can't go back. I will be applying to take my PN nclex soon though and then I will find a bridge program to continue my nursing education. Thank you so much for posting this. It has helped to motivate me.
- 0Aug 17, '12 by futurebsn2bI logged in tonight to see if anyone ever felt like I do - I am in an accelerated BSN program and am just overwhelmed sometimes. Classes start back up Monday but I am already anxious and have begun studying. Your post helped me realize that many people feel like this and some of what I am feeling is probably normal for this type of program. I admire your honesty and perseverance! Thank you so much for sharing your story! Good luck to you!!
- 0Aug 17, '12 by CaringLPNI love your story. I am trying to get back into my LPN_RN program. I failed two classes and got dismissed from the college. It's a great school and if I can get back in, I would have 3 or 4 terms left. I was halfway thru. I had a lot of things out of my control that led to my failure. I was pregnant and had high bp and protein in my urine, so the doctor put me on bedrest until my son was born. My husband failed his certification test to be a registred health information tech and that was a lot of stress. I am hoping now that things are getting better they will give me another chance. I really wanna be a RN and now that my baby is here I have more determination to get done!
- 1Aug 17, '12 by Tara,LPNYou are truly an inspiration! I started a bridge program in January but failed one class so I couldn't continue. Im praying I get back in for this January. I'm not giving up. I can't blame anyone but myself for this failure. But I know for a fact that next time I will be 100% focused on school. Good luck to everyone that is or has gone through this. I know how you feel. Keep going and don't give up. We can do it!!!!
- 1Aug 17, '12 by 2bnursekisI truly APPLAUD YOU! You are such GREAT inspiration! I would love to know more about you and know more about your very strong will power... Not everyone has that you know. I feel so encouraged now to do what i have to do in nursing school. Altough I haven't started I truly look forward to doing what u did. U amaze me! CONGRATULATIONS!! By The way, what exactly do you mean about not reading the entire chapters? What exactly did u do? Thank you for such an inspiration!