*Dancing for joy*Register Today!
- by Sinman Nov 5, '12Today I completed my last test of nursing school!!!!! I start my practicum on Sat and graduate Dec 9th
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=796080©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Nov 5, '12 by jamieekinsAwesome!! Congrats! I bet you are over the moon right now
I am just beginning my journey in 8 weeks! Eek! You will be graduated and off on your own by then..good luck!
- Nov 5, '12 by JBuddGood for you! Yea!
- Nov 5, '12 by turnforthenurseRNHooray!
- Nov 5, '12 by MusicalCoffeeCongratulations!!! I wish you all the best.
- Nov 6, '12 by SinmanThanks everyone.....I am super happy and at the same time terrified starting to look for jobs now and that a whole different experience
- Nov 6, '12 by Racer15Congrats! I start my practicum on the 7th, and start my first nursing job January 7th. Soooo ready!
- Nov 6, '12 by SinmanQuote from Racer15Wow congrats on having a Job lined up already. Any tips on how to manage that?Congrats! I start my practicum on the 7th, and start my first nursing job January 7th. Soooo ready!
- Nov 7, '12 by Racer15I got mine because I know someone that knows someone. One of my classmates sent out letters to each department director prior to her interviews, basically a bit of an expanded cover letter, outlining why she was interested in working for them and what she thought she could bring to the table. They liked that and she was offered two jobs on the spot. She also brought in all of her HESI scores to show, which they also liked (although I brought mine to each of my interviews and no one wanted to see them, so whatever). I did a lot of research prior to each interview into typical questions for each department (conflict resolution was one that came up in all of my interviews). Also, when asked why you wanted to become a nurse, give something specific, not the old "well, I love helping people" line, that won't make them remember you.