What is "Press Gainey"?Register Today!
- by ScooterNurse Jan 11, '08I keep seeing Press Gainey referenced, but don't know who they are, what they do.....
- Jan 11, '08 by ScooterNurseThat I gathered!!
- Jan 11, '08 by Miss MabOk, I'm sorry ScooterNurse. Very knee jerk reaction from me.I do apologize.
Press Ganey is a company that created a specific metric--and one that can be adjusted to a specific hospital/area/whatever they want to use it for---to use as a tool to guage "customer" service and patient "perception" of their hospital visit.
They are surveys that get sent out to patients after they are discharged. They ask many questions that, in actuality, are important to kno the answers to: Were your needs addressed, did your questions get answered, etc.
The problem is, many hospitals tie rewards and benefits to the outcomes of these surveys---above all else. And many times they also apply punitive measures to the staff as well. Like, it's more important that you provided a pillow promptly to a patient's family member than getting to the pharmacy for a med FOR that patient.It's just misplaced priorities. Gotta get a 10 on the survey---perception is now more important than reality.
Also, another thing that really gets me is just WHO they send these surveys to. It can just as easily be the pt. who AMA'ed as it is someone who actually followed their care plan and completed their hospital course. Gee, ya think the AMA patient is likely to give the staff or hospital a '10'? But let's count them just the same anyway...
ARGGGHHH.....nevermind, they are the devil.......
- Jan 11, '08 by ScooterNurseAhh, now I understand the comments I've been reading about them. Thanks for the info!
- Jan 11, '08 by squeakykittyAnd the selfish "entitled" people give a low rating because they didn't get their way right then, there, now, and exactly the way they want it. Never mind the sicker person in the next room who may be having an MI.
- Jan 11, '08 by bigsyisQuote from squeakykitty:angryfireThat used to make me furious when I was working in the hospital. Just the thought of it makes me furious now.And the selfish "entitled" people give a low rating because they didn't get their way right then, there, now, and exactly the way they want it. Never mind the sicker person in the next room who may be having an MI.
- Jan 11, '08 by meownsmilePress Gainey is also used for employee feedback for hospital administration. They survey employees yearly and employee satisfaction is ranked. A hospital worth its salt will use the employee surveys to help increase employee satisfaction and improve relationships between administration and employees. It is working faily well in our hospital and suggestions from employee surveys are trying to be implemented into policy. We have had several changes in the way decisions are made and things are done as a direct result of employee opinion and recommendation from action samples from press gainey employee surveys.