What does ACLS mean?Register Today!
- by LV5 Aug 21, '05What does the term ACLS mean? Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=117019©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 21, '05 by letinaAdvanced Cardiac Life Support
- Aug 21, '05 by ZASHAGALKAAdvanced Cardiac Life Support (as opposed to basic CPR or BLS - basic life support).
ACLS is the group of algorithms for dealing with a 'code'
Think Airway, Breathing, Circulation.
It's shocking when indicated, drugs when indicated, respiration/intubation when indicated.
It's the things and processess you do during a code or to prevent one.
- Aug 21, '05 by sirIQuote from LV5ACLS=Advanced Cardiac Life Support.What does the term ACLS mean? Thanks!
This is a course that helps in taking BLS a step further.
The course includes airway management, inluding airways, intubation, how to manage airway if C-spine involved, etc.
Also, you will learn how to manage codes involving Vfib, Vtach, PEA, Brady and Tachy arrythmias, etc.
Lots of drugs are reviewed as well and how they are utilized in the ACLS codes/situations.
At the end of the course, you will be involved in a "mega-code" where you actually are the team leader and manage the code/event.
It is a great learning experience and a recommendation for all healthcare providers dealing in these situations.
- Aug 21, '05 by kalexhello LV5,
this is required to pass when you work at any intensive care unit. it is part of your training. you can check www.acls.net hope this help. also if you are interested in critical care you should find more materials available through your school or workplace or searching around. good luck.