To The Beginning - Page 2Register Today!
- May 5 by AmistadSoldierNurse22,
I have been reading your articles on AllNurses since you posted "The Fifteen" and I never cease to be inspired by your words. As a 21 year old nursing student, I have no idea where I'll end up, but I've always been interested in oncology nursing and I hope to find a position in oncology after I graduate this month. I guess oncology is back to my "beginning" because I was first exposed to nursing care when a family member of mine was being treated for lung cancer when I was growing up. I just want to share that your articles have been an inspiration to me.
As always, thank you for sharing your stories! It sounds like you're going to be a great NICU nurse!
- May 5 by SoldierNurse22Amistad,
So glad you've enjoyed reading and that you're been able to get something from my experiences. It wasn't long ago that I was your age and dreaming of being out of school, so I'm very, very excited for you as you start looking to your own future. That old worn-out saying that life is a journey might be cliche, but it's true, and it is wise to at least try to enjoy every minute of it.
Best of luck on your own track and keep us here on AN updated as to where you end up going in what is sure to be a promising career!
- May 5 by BuckRNThank you so much for sharing a glimpse of you! It is awesome to see nurses sharing "life" with each other. Many blessings to you in your future! May your NICU job provide you many challenges, because let's be honest, a good nurse thrives on challenges even as we appreciate the occasional "slow" shifts. I am getting ready to embark on the journey of finally working in the area that inspired me to be a nurse. I embraced my experiences up to this point even though it was not my ideal just as it seems you have. Most of all, thank you for having the courage to serve our country!
- May 5 by SoldierNurse22BuckRN,
Thanks for reading and for your comment! Sounds like we may have had some experiences in common, at least the bottom line of dealing with work situations we weren't necessarily hug fans of! I am looking forward to the transition when the time comes, but as you said, I will focusing on doing the work set before me until that time. All the best to you!
- Jul 30 by AmistadHey SoldierNurse22! I posted a comment on your article "To the Beginning" a few months ago about how I was inspired by your articles. I just wanted to share with you that I got my dream job in oncology and am starting next Monday!! I hope you're doing well as a NICU nurse.
- Jul 30 by SoldierNurse22Hey Amistad,
That's awesome! I'm so excited for you! Oncology is such an interesting and rewarding field. As a new grad, try not to be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info coming at you--you will absorb it over time and in one of the best ways possible: through experience, not just book learning.
I have another year and a half until I can work toward my goal of NICU nursing, but until then, I'm taking advantages of opportunities to learn more and help the folks in my clinic. All the best to you and good luck on Monday!