Skills in CCU Nursing?Register Today!
- by prinsesa_1878 Sep 11, '09Hi,
Im an incoming level 4 nursing student and I am assigned to CCU. I need to know the skills needed (i.e. treatments, duties, etc) before I get unto the unit so I can try to get prepared for my placement. Any advice?? It will be much appreciated! thanks!
- 1,675 Views
- Sep 11, '09 by jennjen512I would review common drips (amiodarone, cardizem, Natrecor, Neosynephrine, Nipride, Epinephrine, Lidocaine, Lasix, Diprivan, etc), pacemakers (permanent and temporary), ventilators, central line care, cardiac rhythms, hemodynamics (including PAP, CVP, CO/CI, BP). The list is really endless. Just brush up on some basic ICU skills and you should be fine. And remember don't be afraid to ask questions
- Sep 11, '09 by hypocaffeinemiaYou'll learn skills on the job.
What you need is knowledge.
- Sep 13, '09 by prinsesa_1878Thanks so much! i am definitely trying to brush up on those topics!
- Oct 1, '09 by RNCCRN9706In CCU it's important to know cardiac arrythmias. Basic EKG interpretation. Cardiovascular A&P. Treatment of ACS(acute coronary syndrome) etc.