Scoring a 60% on TEAS VRegister Today!
- by Stephen.Stevens Jul 26, '12Should I still send my application to Houston Community College if the minimum was a 64% or is there no chance of me getting in?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=762811©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,145 Views
- Jul 26, '12 by xoemmylouoxIf there minimum is 64% and you only got 60%.... Perhaps call admissions and see what they say. I would try to take the test over again and see if you can score higher.
- Jul 26, '12 by Stephen.StevensI want to start in the spring 2013 and taking it again will then register me for fall 2013. What should I do. Do you think its possible if I talked to a counselor, they would accept my 60% or is that like against the law. Ha
- Jul 26, '12 by roser13Your application to nursing school is judged not only by your grades and essay, etc., but also by whether you can follow the application instructions. If the school posts 64% as their minimum, I would take them at their word.
Taking the exam over for a higher score might make your entrance into nursing school a semester later, but if you don't qualify for the application process now, it doesn't make any difference.
- Jul 26, '12 by happyloserYou could talk to a counselor but, I'd be hard pressed to see them budge especially if it's a competitive program.
Try to retake the exam and prepare well for it, learn tricks and patterns to questions in the Math section and try to brush up on basic science principles across the different disciplines. I used the McGraw Hill Nursing School Entrance Exams study guide. Best of Luck!