Salary for clinic position? - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 28, '11 by madeNear Windsor ON. RPN's start at $22.63. I always thought our wages sucked, until joining AL. Maybe I should be more thankful.
- Sep 28, '11 by TheOracleFor where I live (about 45 minutes south of Memphis) a nurse fresh out of nursing school could expect to make about $17.50 /hr and that is the low end of average.
A less insulting offer would have been around $30,000/ yr and even that is slightly low to me, but it's workable. Like someone else pointed out, managing two clinics would be 50+ hours a week and I'm very iffy about salary positions since I've been burned in the past. She made no further mention of any other benefits like commission or PTO or anything.
What ticks me off is I could go work at a hospital and make $15,000-$20,000 more than what she offered just working 3 days a week. Plus great benefits, overtime, etc. And I think that's exactly what I'll do. I just can't live off $20,000 a year. If she thought more of me and offered something a little higher I'd do my best to make it work because I love the job, but I can't do a pay cut AND not be appreciated
- Sep 28, '11 by roser13Quote from Sl1011Yes, I took those factors into consideration when I gave that answer. Given that New York and California RN's are making considerably more than $30/hour as new grads, I consider $30 to be somewhat of a median salary for an RN with a few years of experience, as OP is.That really depends on where you live, experience, and specialty.
- Sep 28, '11 by merleeI made 30/hr in a hospital 10 years ago!!!!
- Sep 28, '11 by noahsmamaIf you're being promoted, then you should get more pay, not less - period! Whatever you're making now, add 15% to it and tell her that you won't accept a penny less for a job with more responsibility -- then if you must, let her talk to you down to a smaller pay increase (say 5%).
If she says no, suggest she offer the job to her mother.
Seriously, if she doesn't value you enough to offer you what you're worth, do you really want to work for?
- Sep 28, '11 by KareBear0609I make more than that working as a CNA!!!
- Sep 29, '11 by Gently.meOops typo. I was in a hurry. I meant an RN making less than $30 being a suprise. Here is Oregon, the pay is pretty great. As an LPN I am making $18. I am going to get my RN for the 35 to 40 starting wage...