Patient Scenarios/Critical Thinking
- 5Sep 10, '11 by Hospice Nurse LPNQuote from vg1003consider the following scenario:
a 78-year-old man on the medical floor continues to take his gown off after you have replaced it at least 7 times. the last time he took his gown off, he ripped out his iv and you had to start a new one. this is all the information you have at this point.
using critical thinking skills, the nursing process, and what you know so far about nursing, write a 1 – 3 paragraph response
• what is your solution to this problem?
• using the nursing process, describe how you came to this decision.
• what questions you would need answered to make a better decision?
my suggestion is for you to do your own homework. why don't you tell us what you are thinking and then we'll help you along.
Truly, it doesn't do you any favors to help with critical thinking (or any) homework assignments that call for you to think through something and come up with the answers. If you have others do your homework, what are you going to do when you are out of school, and assigned to real live people, and don't know how to work through a situation on your own? It's not that we don't want to help- it's that you have to do the legwork. :heartbeat
- 2Quote from vg1003Yes- IN PERSON Really, it makes a difference Like HospiceNurse said- come up with some ideas, and we can toss them around... but you won't get the vast majority here to start it for you... let's hear what you've come up withIf there is one thing I learned about critical thinking it was that it is developed through having discussions with other nurses. I guess I was wrong.
- 8Sep 10, '11 by Nascar nurse, ASN, RN
- After careful consideration I have decided that I will not write a 1-3 paragraph paper for you on a Saturday night. Call me a mean ole' nurse but ain't gonna happen.
Seriously OP, you really need to do this yourself. You can not believe how many students come here expecting us to do their work. We have all been there, done that and have the diploma. I did it way back when research meant going to the library and searching thru the card catalog to find the old musty book I needed! All of you today already have it soooooo much easier. Good luck - you may make a great nurse but you will have to put some effort in to it.