nurse navigator role
- 0May 12, '08 by rnheartI have recently been promoted to a nurse navigator type role. I wanted to know are there any nurse navigators here that could help me develope this new position at our hospital. I am the first one here HELP
- 0May 12, '08 by carachel2Quote from rnheartYou might want to contact the Baylor Andrews Women's Hospital in Ft.Worth, TX. They have a nurse navigator in the breast CA/oncology program. This is a totally new program for them as well. She is a really nice lady and I'm sure she wouldn't mind at least discussing information on her role so far.I don't have her number and cannot specifically recall her name, but you could cold call and ask for the nurse navigator in the breast cancer program.I have recently been promoted to a nurse navigator type role. I wanted to know are there any nurse navigators here that could help me develope this new position at our hospital. I am the first one here HELP
- 0May 12, '08 by anc33Have you read anything on the NCI's Patient Navigator Research Program? They give a great overview of the program and the types of things that the navigators are trying to accomplish. I had the opportunity to attend a lecture by Dr. Charles Bennett of Northwestern. He has written a few papers on the topic which you may find useful. Good luck with your new position!
- 1Jul 13, '08 by CancerNavI was reading your post about nurse navigation and your new role. I would love to talk to you more about this and work with you to develop your position. I am part of a new professional organization that is developing core competencies for oncology nurse navigators, let me know if you are interested in this.
- 0Oct 7, '08 by CancerNavRnheart,
I am sorry I did not get back to you in July. I am part of an organizaiton that support oncology nurse navigators, we are working on core-competencies and standards of practice. If you are interested you can check out our professional nursing organization that supports oncology nurse navigators It is really hard getting started as a navigator and we recognize this. I would love to hear more about your role at the women's health organization. I have been working as a navigator for two plus years and I love it!
Quote from rnheartYou will be able to use the PM and Email function on this board when you have 15 posts on the board.Please do not post your Email address on the public board as this is against the TOS of the site,which you agreed to when you signed up.Yes I would be interested. My position is a womens health ob/gyn care coordinator and It has been very slow going getting it developed and getting the word out but it is picking up now would love to get any information I could. Thanks
Nightmare.....Moderator.Last edit by nightmare on Oct 7, '08 : Reason: Email address and web address removed as per TOS
- 0Oct 8, '08 by rnheartWell Nightmare I understand your editing but how am I suppose to get this information? Please let me know
Cancer nav I really appreciate your efforts and I would love to look at the site but as you can see you cant put it on this board until we have 15 post so I guess you can tell me as much as you can on the post until we have 15 post . Thank you so much for getting back to me