NCLEX "easy" question??
- 0Jul 8, '03 by glow_wormWhat the heck is an "easy" question on the NCLEX? According to the NCLEX writers, if you pass 50% of only the "easy" questions, you fail after 75 questions. If you pass 50% of the "harder" questions, you pass. If you are close to the passing score, the computer keeps asking questions until it clearly knows if you can only answer easy or difficult questions.
I just took the NCLEX. To me, it was a very difficult test. I have never seen these questions before, and I own 3 prep books for the NCLEX. Some of the questions were impossibly difficult (ex. name a single side effect for one of the injectible antipsychotic drugs used to treat schizophrenia -- it was a drug I've never heard before, in classes, clinicals, or working on a psych unit). But then I would get easier questions (basic A, B, C's).
I also got 5 or 6 questions of the new type, ie. fill-in-the-blanks, and "select all of the above correct answers" (with no partial credit given).
To me, this was a hard test. But maybe I'm just stupid? The computer shut off after 75 questions -- either I answered hard questions correctly (by guessing!), or I failed miserably & found the "easy" questions to be difficult.
Can you tell I'm worried/stressed?? I wish I knew how NCLEX defines "easy"....
- 31,198 Views
- 0Jul 8, '03 by ChttynursHi! First of all, I'm sure you did fine! I felt exactly the same way when I took my NCLEX. I felt as if I were guessing on many answers, and then I got the question, "Which is the correct way to administer Heparin SQ?" I figured that I got the question before THAT wrong!! Couldn't get much easier! Mine shut off at 75 questions too, and I was positive that I failed because the questions seemed so difficult. But I passed, and luckily it only took four business days to find out! But, at any rate, you're NOT stupid!! Please keep us updated when you get your results, I'm sure you'll do fine! Good luck!
- 0Jul 8, '03 by nurse-edHey Glow_Worm:
Don't be so hard on yourself--I took the N-CLEX and it cut off at 75 questions also. I thought I had failed for sure--had to drive about two and a half hours to the test site--I cried all the way home, even called my husband to tell him I had failed. Guess what--I did pass--just gave myself a whole lot of grief til I found out. Try to stay busy and not worry so much, I know it is easier said than done, it will be ok. Good luck to you.
- 0Jul 8, '03 by huckfinnYou were all very lucky. I took the test all toooooo long ago and had to answer about a thousand questions over 2 eight hour days. Hard, easy, trial questions,all of them. All while hoping I didn't skip one and throw off the little dots on the answer sheets. Y'all are lucky to have it work the way it does now.
- 0Jul 8, '03 by xantha31669Glow worm,
I just took mine on Monday and I felt the same way. The questions were so "different" than all the test prep stuff out there that I was floored!! I shut off at 75 as well and I feel like I failed. I am hoping the results will be up soon because I am sick with worry. I have always been an honors student and do well on tests, but this test was unreal!! Good luck to you, hopefully you will find out soon (me too!)
- 0Jul 8, '03 by luckeOriginally posted by huckfinn
You were all very lucky. I took the test all toooooo long ago and had to answer about a thousand questions over 2 eight hour days. Hard, easy, trial questions,all of them. All while hoping I didn't skip one and throw off the little dots on the answer sheets. Y'all are lucky to have it work the way it does now.