Munchausen by Internet: The Lying Disease that Preys on the Heart - Page 7Register Today!
- Feb 5 by MedChicaI didn't know what to make of that football guy and his drama. Now the catfisher behind it all was a man?
This whole 'catfish' situation is very new to me.
I find it beyond weird that someone would go to such lengths. I don't see the big deal with the internet, I guess. I really don't even have a facebook page. It usually never makes sense to others when I say this, but I just don't see the point in it unless I'm going to play the games. I don't really 'get' twitter, either. LOL I don't know of anyone who twitters, either. Is that a high-school/middle-school thing? To me? Unless you're a business owner or brand-building, who the hell cares about what you're thinking about 24/7?
- Feb 24 by tnbutterflyI agree with the above.......At least with Munchausen by internet, there is usually not another innocent victim (usually a child) involved, as is the case with Munchousen by Proxy. And the person using the internet for this ruse is generally not inflicting pain/harm on themselves to make people believe they are ill. They just use words with the help of the internet to gain sympathy and attention.
- Mar 27 by anon456I unfortunately had the experience of encountering one of these people, who actually was suffering from Munchhausen By Proxy in real life. Her child was the victim, and so were we, the members of her on-line support group. My child had some health issues and I joined this wonderful group on-line to share experiences and vent after a difficult day to those who understood. There was one mom who was on quite frequently. Her child was preschool aged but very very small and weak. She had several disorders including multiple UTI's, severe feeding intolerances, and other chronic infection-type things. In the course of her being a member of our group, her child underwent a Nissan Fundoplication, exploratory bowel surgery, several scopes, several kidney and bladder studies, had a g-tube put in, then a G-J, then went to TPN via PICC line. She was constantly in the hospital. One day one of the members of the group posted a link to a news article in the local paper that identified the women in our support group and said she had been arrested! We all felt so sick and betrayed. The posts were used in court as evidence along with the evidence collected at the hospital.
Here's the case:
Mom gets 15 years for hurting daughter - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News
- Mar 27 by KatieerinI know a family member with this and was unfortunately fell victim as a child. Its horrible when all you can do is watch and have no control over the situation. Luckily i was able to release the grips of this person but they still suffer with it.
- Mar 27 by FranemtnurseI had this experience by a former member several years ago. I was being attacked personally, and didn't understand why. She was banned after several posts to me and to others.