Messenger Bag for workRegister Today!
- by lcapNICU_RN Jul 22, '10I recently started working at a hospital as a student professional nurse. I am finding that I need a bag just for work to take all my stuff in, so I don't forget somethign at home. Is there a kidnd of messenger bag or tote that you have found that just really works well for a nurse?
- 4,022 Views
- Jul 22, '10 by chloecatrnI love Timbuk 2 bags. They're ballistic nylon, so they can be wiped off with the alcohol wipes you use to wipe down counters, and they've got a ton of little pockets for keeping things in. I swear by them. Plus, if you're really so inclined, you can custom make your own on their website, Timbuk2 Bags - Timbuk2.
- Jul 22, '10 by lcapNICU_RNIs there a certain style that you have?
- Jul 22, '10 by chloecatrnTimbuk2 Bags - Classic Messenger 2010 - Ballistic Fabric
This one, in a small. You really don't need much more than that, unless you're hauling a 2 year old child to work every day in your bag. Well... you could maybe get away with a medium. But a large is ridiculous, and an extra large is absurd. I had a large in nursing school and could keep two volumes of med surg books AND my pharm book AND my binders for both classes AND notebooks and never have to take anything out. Now I like to keep my bags smaller so I accumulate less crap.
- Jul 22, '10 by vhern246I love TImBuk2 bags and I highly recommend them! Just don't pick anything smaller than a large. I had mine custom made!
- Jul 22, '10 by thinkertdmJust from personal experience, I've noticed that while looking really great, the messenger bags tore up my back, especially hauling around big heavy books.
I am currently using a backpack. Theoretically, it puts the strain right on the midline, rather than pulling to the side.
- Jul 22, '10 by OtessaQuote from lcapThe Healthy Back Bag ( or similar style) is what I have used since 2002.I recently started working at a hospital as a student professional nurse. I am finding that I need a bag just for work to take all my stuff in, so I don't forget somethign at home. Is there a kidnd of messenger bag or tote that you have found that just really works well for a nurse?
Healthy Back Bags Sale - Quality Back Bags For Your Back At Low Price:
- Jul 23, '10 by angelafranklinHow are you managing without a bag for so long? I can’t go anywhere without my bag. A messenger bag is a good idea as it’s comfortable to carry and looks pretty nifty slung across your shoulder. See if you like this Briggs & Riley messenger bag? It is professional looking, but in a non-fussy, non-serious sort of way. You can also check out their shopping tote. It’s a little more feminine in style and has tons of space inside for anything you might need to carry to work.