May I speak to Dr. so&so? - Page 4Register Today!
- Mar 13, '08 by Jill10191130OMG! That is awesome! Good for her!
- Sep 2, '09 by cm21that is amazing!! i cant wait to be able to be that comfortable and bold if need be!
- Jun 30, '10 by noreenlThat has to be the most professional shutdown I have ever heard!! Way to go!!!!
- Jun 30, '10 by kloneFabulous story!
It's a shame so many nurses allow docs to verbally abuse them like that. We had one doc who would get up into nurses' faces, ranting and spittle flying. Totally unacceptable! I let him know early on that I was not going to allow myself to be spoken to in that manner (damn, that was hard to do) and he ended up being one of my favorite doctors.
- Jun 30, '10 by Tina, RNAWESOME! My question is, did the doctor change his attitude after that??
- Feb 19, '11 by DLovesNursingLove it!!!!I wish I could do that!!
- Mar 22, '11 by noctanolQuote from AlibabaDoctors arent afraid of medical directors, what hospital do you work at???I just had to share this.
Last night one of the nurses had to call one of those docs NOONE wants to call in the middle of the night. Anyways, she calls and has the guy on speaker phone coz that's who he is and that's what we've gotta do when we call him.
He starts yelling and basically cursing her out but she wasn't got have that so she calmly waited for him to finish and she says
"Am sorry, May speak with dr. so&so? My name is...am calling from..."
The doc sounding a bit confused says "This IS dr so&so. I've been talking to you for 5 minutes"
The nurse says "Am sorry u misunderstand me. Am calling to speak with dr so&so about his patient and I just know that u couldn't be him because no doc is his right mind and a license to protect would dare speak to me or any nurse like that when they are calling not to chat about the weather but about the health and wellness of his patient. I am sure you understand. So when he comes in, could you kindly have him call me @ #. I would really like to speak to him soon or am going to have to call the medical director in the middle of the night. And we all know how pleasantly that would turn out. Don't we dear?"
And hang up the phone!!!
A minute later, the doc calls back and says "This is dr so&so. someone page me?"
She is my hero.:bowingpur
- Jun 9, '11 by belgarionWay, way, way better than what I usually say. I tell them the sooner they exhaust their street vocaulary the sooner they can go back to their much needed beauty sleep.
- Jun 9, '11 by Brea LPNThat took some guts!