Long term mechanical ventilationRegister Today!
- by Roboapple Feb 10This is the area that I have been working in for the last few years. It's very specialized and not very common. Does anyone else work in this area?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=814605©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Feb 10 by xoemmylouoxWhat do you do in your job?
- Feb 11 by HouTxI think you may find more peers in the LTAC or Home Care forums. They would have the most experience with this type of patient.
- Feb 12 by Esme12Actually long term vents are common at LTACS what type of facility do you work?
- Feb 12 by RoboappleI work on a 27 bed unit taking care of people on long term ventilation in a long term care setting. Most of the people I take care of have neuromuscular diseases or spinal cord injuries. I'm an RN. There don't seem to be very many of these places in canada where I live so it's hard to do research on patient care standards. Facilities are either acute care or nursing homes and not many blends between the two. I didn't realize they were so common in the US. The term skilled nursing facility doesn't seem to exist here.