Does your supervisor call & text you at all hours?
- 1I am getting tired of my supervisor calling and texting me from a personal cell phone to ask me if I will work. It even happens during the night. I used to answer or reply back everytime but I am just so tired of it sometimes I just don't respond. I feel bad not responding.
Have you had this happen to you?
Do you always respond?
Thanks for your reply.
- 1May 7, '12 by squatmunkie_RNYeah mine does that. I NEVER answer her. I'll let her leave a voice mail and if I want to come in i'll call back. If she texts me asking about me coming in I'll only answer if I can tell the message was personally sent to me and not a mass text to everyone on the unit....and usually the answer is no (Can you tell how much I like my supervisor..?) lol
I only have 1 phone...my cell. So, of course the hospital has itLast edit by squatmunkie_RN on May 7, '12
- 2May 7, '12 by ohioSICUrn, BSN, RNI had just worked 7a-7p. I went home. at 10p i got a call about coming in at 11pm the same night. I was FURIOUS!!!! (just fell asleep too). So i usually ignore all calls unless they leave a message. (i still ignore the message though)
- 3May 7, '12 by theantichick, BSN, RNI'll remember this when I (hopefully) get a job as a nurse next year. I have a Google Voice number that rings a line at my house but also lets certain numbers ring through to my cell. It also has an option for "quiet time" when it only takes voice mail. I'm thinking that will be the only number they get for me.
- 3May 8, '12 by theantichick, BSN, RNI don't actually have a land line at the house. I have a free VOIP that I have configured to take calls from Google Voice. It's kinda geeky but there are multiple ways to handle it. Google Voice can also be used with just the cell phone, and you can control who rings through and at what times, the rest goes to voice mail. I *highly* recommend it.
- 0May 8, '12 by NF_eyenurse, BSN GuideI don't have a land line either, so work calls my cell. One time in a 5 day span I had ONE day off in the middle. They called me at 5:30 am on my only day off after working 2 or 3 in a row. REALLY?? And once I wake up it's very hard for me to fall asleep again. grrrrrrrr. Nowadays I don't answer unless I am in a good mood. (I figure if I answer, even if I say no, she knows my answer and won't be waiting for a call back). I don't work extra anymore either, haven't in almost 2 years. The extra money was good but time with the hubby and kids is much more valuable. Last friday my friend was talked into working saturday and sunday, and of course 30 minutes after saying yes the rest friday was crazy. She regretted saying yes. She asked me "how do you say no?" And I said " uhhh........no"