Clinic nurses: If 1 million people join this group....Register Today!
This is a discussion on Clinic nurses: If 1 million people join this group.... in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... This is an effort (albeit, one that most likely will fail) to add another specialty category for...by LaughingRN Jan 11, '11This is an effort (albeit, one that most likely will fail) to add another specialty category for nurses on this site.
What is that? A doctor's office nurse? An outpatient nurse? A patient education-ator? A fake real nurse? A dying breed?
I submitted a request to the suggestions forum to add this category to the immense list that already exists. my idea was not "shut down" immediately, but I was told that there needed to be an interest expressed by others on this site... and suggested I started a thread
I know that long posts tend to cause glazed conjunctiva, so I will keep this as short as possible.
When I was in school, I always knew what field of nursing I wanted to be in. I wanted to be up to my arms in blood, heroically saving lives. To make a long story short... the economy.
I am thankful for my job, and surprisingly, I am learning to love it.
I am not running with gurneys at mach1 speed down a hall, but I do occasionally have a bag of samples thrown at me. It is still dramatic in it's own way.
So what am I requesting? If you support my cause (whether you are a baby catcher, Code runner, almighty EKG wielder, struggling student or just a clinic nurse) post a response. Explain why we should have our own section, or why not, or simply post a question, story about clinic nurses. Simply by doing so, you stand by our side
If this wasn't meant to be, this thread will be buried in a matter of days, but you never know if you don't try!
5 Reasons that I think clinic nurses should have a new category
- I feel that we have an extremely high tendency to be mistaken for non-licensed professionals. I am not an MA, Nursing student, tech or any variation of the above...I'm A BSN. Allnurses can help us validate our nursing status!
- Patient's and their families yell, scream and blame us for everything under the sun too. We need a place to vent.
- I assist minor surgeries, biopsies, procedures related to our specialty. I do not just take patient histories all day. Everyone could benefit from learning about this type of nursing (vast and varied) and what is involved
- There is a very vast range of nursing specialties on Allnurses, under the specialty tab. To be honest, I am sad that some of them (and very obscure some are indeed) are listed and clinic/outpatient nurse isn't
- I am a clinic nurse, and I'm lonely here
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=525912©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,260 Views
- Jan 11, '11 by RN0820Agreed! I am not a clinic nurse but I have been looking for jobs in this field. If there was a section I think it would be very helpful to not only the clinic nurses to vent but for us "outsiders" to get a feel for the issues/frustrations facing clinic nurses before we make a jump into a new realm of nursing. Go you
- Jan 11, '11 by deemaltI would like to see this. I do work in a hospital but moonlight at a free clinic. It definitely lends itself to less resources so others' experiences can be very valuable.
- Jan 12, '11 by LaughingRNThanks for your support
- Jan 12, '11 by rockabyeHaha: "if 1 million people join this group..." Those are lofty goals considering not even 1/2 that are members of allnurses.com! I am not a clinic nurse, but it sounds like they should have their own group! Good luck!
- Jan 12, '11 by noyesnoNo one should be lonely on allnurses. I vote yes!
- Jan 12, '11 by elprupI'm a clinic nurse too. I vote yes. Write me anytime. We can vent.
- Jan 12, '11 by JSBostonI am not a clinic nurse, but maybe someday! Allnurses should be ashamed for shooting you down. Get to work and make another section for them already!
- Jan 12, '11 by handyrnI vote yes. I'm not a clinic nurse and I am glad to see my specialty on here. I bet the clinic nurses would like to see their specialty too. Lets give it to 'em.
- Jan 12, '11 by JPRloverNurse:heartbeatGreat idea! Good luck to ya!:heartbeat