certify to work while continuing to getting your degree......Register Today!
- by TruthSeeker Dec 29, '00I will be going into Level 3 of an ADN program.
This past summer I tried to get a job in a hospital or a nursing home while I was out of school to get some wisdom/knowledge under my brain as well as experience under my belt. But every place I went to would ask me, "are you certify or do you have a degree or diploma in nursing." Which of course my answer would be, 'No.' So needless to say, I did not get a job which cause me not to get any wisdom or knowledge under my brain nor experience under my belt.
So my question is, how can or what do I need to do to be able to get hire on at a hospital or nursing home to get some wisdom/knowledge under my brain as well as experience under my belt.
Thanks for any and all response. They are truly appreciative.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5 KJB
[This message has been edited by TruthSeeker (edited December 29, 2000).]
- 704 Views
- Dec 30, '00 by mustangshebaAlthough you have knowledge that you could put to good use, in order to be hired, you have to have some kind of certification that defines your job and tells the people who are hiring you what you can legally do. If you had a certification as a CNA or as a med aide, you would probably have a job in a heart beat. I'm not aware of any facility that would hire a nursing student unless he had some kind of certification. You might be able to work for a private party or a foster home.
- Dec 30, '00 by nurshathawayHave you tried a the hospital(s) where you do your clinicals? Some do have opportunities to work while you are continuing your education.
- Dec 30, '00 by irisYou may want to try your local hospitals or Nsg Homes..and apply for a SNA (student nsg
assistant) or perhaps a PCT (pt care tech) position.
The pay is higher when your a nursing student than it is for a NA.
Well best of luck. Keep your hopes high. There's something out there for you.
- Dec 30, '00 by nursejanedoughWay back in "1992", I was a nurse extern for the Baptist Hospital system. They would hire student nurses that had one year of nursing school for about $8.00/hr. I don't think they offer that anymore. If you really want some nursing experience look into some of the CNA positions in nursing homes. I'm sure you could pass the CNA test and start working immediately.